Acne, or acne, is a chronic disease of the sebaceous glands that are adjacent to the hair follicles. It manifests itself most often in adolescence. However, it is often found in people over 25 years of age. Acne (photos of the manifestations of acne - proof of this) can not only ruin the appearance, but also significantly reduce self-esteem.
Acne has its own classification:
- acne that occurs under the influence of external factors - solar comedones, cosmetic acne, professional, and those that are the result of uncontrolled intake of hormonal drugs;
- age-related acne - infant, childhood, youthful, adult;
- mechanical and neurotic acne;
- severe acne - with fever, fatigue, joint pain.
There are such factors that play a role in the formation of acne:
- hereditary predisposition;
- hormonal changes;
- bacteria entering the ducts.
Causes of exacerbation of acne can be as follows:
- abuse of hormone-containing products;
- external factors: improper care, skin contamination with tar, oils;
- violation of the diet, eating a large number of nuts, chocolate, coffee, carbonated drinks;
- fluid retention, which is especially true in the premenstrual period.
Who makes the diagnosis?
Acne has quite pronounced features. This makes it easy to identify. However, for a successful treatment this is not enough. It is very important to establish the cause of the disease. To do this, you will have to undergo an examination:
- Take a blood test for hormones and biochemistry (on an empty stomach, before 10 a.m.), an analysis of dysbiosis.
- If any deviations are found, it will be necessary to visit specialists such as a therapist, gynecologist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, and undergo an ultrasound scan.
- In the presence of inflammation, a clinical blood test is done.
- In case of detection of abscesses on the skin, their contents are analyzed for sensitivity to antibiotics and pathogenic flora.
Acne requires careful treatment. Running it is highly undesirable. It is worth noting that in time not removed inflammation threatens to leave a scar on the face, which then will be difficult to remove.
Even if you are not yet 18-20 years old, you should not rely on chance and wait for everything to pass by itself. The sooner you begin treatment for acne, the more likely you are to see your skin clean and smooth. There are some general recommendations that will help in the treatment and prevent the disease from reappearing.
- Check the composition of all cosmetics that you use. They should not be comedogenic, i.e. they should not contain petroleum jelly, lanolin and other substances that clog pores.
- Watch what you eat. Smoked, spicy, canned foods, sweets, carbonated drinks should not appear on your table.
- Ask the beautician to choose the right cosmetics for you and develop a skin care regimen.