Distance learning of art criticism was created for those people who dream of learning cultural theory from the most ancient times to the present day. And distance learning is an opportunity to get a profession without leaving home, without losing the quality of education.
Subjects of study
Disciplines in art criticism vary by institution. But there is always a basic list of lessons taught everywhere. And also pay attention to the fact that distance learning courses have a special list of study pairs. Which ones?
Here is a sample list of classes, which was based on the schedule of the Ural Federal University named after the first president of Russia B.N. Yeltsin.
Although this subject is not basic, it is very important for study. First of all, because the main employers require excellent knowledge of the English language.
The basis of classes include:
1. The specifics of pronunciation in different states, the main intonation and rhythm of speech.
2. The study of basic concepts in the professional field.
3. Practical exercises on pronunciation style and accents.
4. The assimilation of the lexical minimum of 4 thousand terms.
5. Concepts about the basic methods of word formation.
6. Grammar skills that help to communicate without distorting the meaning of communication.
7. Features of literary and artistic language.
8. History and culture of England.
9. Practical reading, auditing and writing texts.
This subject is closely intertwined with art history. The study of the culture of various countries and peoples, philosophy, anthropology and sociology - in this vein.
In this lesson, learn:
1. The structure of knowledge in the mainstream of art.
2. The history of the cultural heritage of various nations.
3. The basic theory of music, literature, painting and the like.
4. Signs and symbols, as well as cultural codes and language.
5. Social institutions and their functions in everyday life.
6. The difference in values of peoples of the whole world over the centuries.
7. Identity and modernization.
8. A typology of cultural norms: ethnos and nation, East and West, elite and mass, and so on.
9. Finding common ground between art, nature and society.
10. Global problems in the field of culture.
This subject talks about the relationship between power and culture.
Due to the fact that there are not many hours for this lesson, you won’t be able to complete the entire course, but all the basics necessary in the specialty are taught.
Art criticism preparation includes:
1. Object and subject. The functions of political science.
2. The role and place of power relations in today's political life.
3. The history and traditions of politics and its relationship with culture.
4. Civil society and the rule of law, what is common, what are the differences.
5. Politics in all spheres of life and its social aspects.
6. Conflicts and ways to resolve them. International relations and state wars.
7. Theories of political science and their forecasting.
Psychology in the field of education
This subject is necessary first of all to those who in the future will connect their lives with teacher education. With a mark in the certificate of the completed course they can take to any educational institution.
The following topics are covered in distance learning courses on art history in pairs:
1. Methods of psychology. Finding an object and subject.
2. The history and cultural heritage of pedagogy and psychology.
3. The development of a living organism in a single and general process.
4. The relationship of brain activity and the psyche. Age features of behavior.
5. Deviant and delinquent state. Ways to calm.
6. Therapy as a first aid for sedation.
7. The processes of cognition and sensory organs.
8. Psychology of small groups. The leader and the "white crow".
9. Education as a value of all time. Parenting through learning activities.
A culture of speech
Although many people believe that the subject is completely unimportant, and it was completed in school in sufficient quantities. But in fact, a slightly different theory of Russian language and speech is being taught at the university.
In distance learning, the following topics will be covered:
1. The style of modern Russian language. Dialects, jargon and other sections.
2. The rules of spoken language in various circles. Basics of literary writing.
3. Various styles and their specifics and functions.
4. The distinction of genres and the selection of linguistic means in journalism.
5. Practical exercises in phonetics and stress in complex words.
And also in the universities of art history there are such classes as:
1. Sociology. This is a subject about public life and its constituent elements.
2. Philosophy. The science of the development of nature, society and man. As well as finding answers to the most popular questions.
3. Mathematics and information technology.
4. General and Russian history.
5. Archeology and monuments of material culture.
6. Art and its history.
7. Monuments of cultural heritage of Russia and other countries.
8. Mythology as a form of art.
9. Ethics and aesthetics.
10. The religious component in the field of culture.
11. Semiotics of culture. A science that studies the sign of storage, transmission, processing of information in society and nature, as well as in man himself.
12. Theory of art.
13. Source study. A wide range of diverse results of human activity that have been preserved from past generations.
14. Socio-cultural activities. The program includes studying the history of theoretical foundations, areas of implementation, subjects, resource base and modern technologies.
15. Social and cultural anthropology.
16. Protection of natural and artificial heritage.
17. The traditional culture of Russian. It is worth remembering that, choosing a university, the subjects of study in it will be different.
The complexity of home schooling
The art historian profession gained its popularity back in the 19th century, and is relevant even today. Getting a diploma remotely is very real, this service is offered by many universities.
Given the above disciplines of the Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, we can conclude that the amount of digestible information is huge. Therefore, very often distance learning involves permanent tests and tests for knowledge of the subject.
How to get an education
Art criticism is a subject in which there is practice, so a complete absence of classes outside the home is impossible. Rather, it implies a partial absence in pairs. In any case, you will have to undergo practice and attend an educational institution to pass the credit standards and attend seminars. To all this, submitting documents upon admission is necessary in person.
In addition to full education, there are distance learning courses. They cost a lot less and last shorter.
1. Moscow University named after S. Yu. Witte. Faculty of Applied Art.
There are two types of studies: undergraduate and graduate. They depend on whether the applicant has a diploma of higher education or secondary education.
The university has a certificate of state accreditation of educational activities.
If we talk about cost, then in MU it is distributed by semester. As of September 2018, this figure is 21 thousand rubles.
And it is also possible to take an installment plan, in which case 50% must be paid immediately, and the remaining amount within four months.
Duration of study also depends on its form. On the basis of secondary education, it is 4 years and 6 months.
If this is a diploma after secondary specialized or higher education, then this is 3.6 and 2.6 years, respectively. And for the magistracy, a period of 24 months is chosen.
2. Institute of art business and antiques. Faculty of Art.
The peculiarity of this university is that you can get an education without a diploma, and it will be cheaper. A full package of training costs 65 thousand a year, and education without protection and state exams - only 50 thousand a year.
You can start training not only in September, but on any day, as the student himself chooses when to look at the material.
And there is also the opportunity to take a distance learning course in art criticism accelerated, while the payment will not decrease.
While in Moscow, you can visit couples offline according to the schedule. But first it is necessary to coordinate this with the administration.
The training lasts 1 or 2 years of choice.
There are a lot of universities that represent distance education in art history, and each is individual.
This is exactly what you need to pay attention to when choosing an educational institution. To obtain a bachelor's degree, you must study the entire educational program that the state approves. But the university itself chooses how many years the study will last; it varies from three to seven years.
The art studies program is intended for those people who wish to study literature, philosophy, painting, sculpture and other creative fields. Fashion trends and culinary excellence are also considered in the course of art history.
Distance learning is designed for those people who, for whatever reason, cannot attend and go to classes every day. It can be both various physical features, and territorial. For example, in the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug a lack of universities, and not everyone can find a specialty to their liking, distance learning comes to the rescue. Studies have shown that this method of training is not inferior to ordinary classes, and sometimes it is much more effective.