Profuse hair loss today is one of the most urgent cosmetic problems, and not only in women. And far from many cosmetics with the inscriptions “against hair loss” are capable of really changing the existing picture. Indeed, in fact, the reasons that provoked hair loss are quite multifaceted and numerous.
Causes of hair loss
As a rule, diffuse hair loss (or, more simply, a uniform strong hair loss observed throughout the head) is a consequence of quite severe disturbances in the coordinated work of the whole organism. And common causes are:
- either frequent stressful situations, or short-term, but severe stresses;
- heredity, and female heredity is especially pronounced;
- radiation therapy;
- oncological, severe and chronic diseases;
In addition, active diffuse hair loss in women can be provoked by other, though no less important, factors, such as:
- chronic vitamin deficiency;
- prolonged exposure to climatic adverse factors (for example, freezing temperatures or scorching sun)
- aggressive chemical effects (low-quality cheap hair dye, frequent chemical waving, the use of a hair dryer without protective equipment, etc.);
- pregnancy and the birth process;
And also diffuse hair loss of a non-hormonal etiology can be observed as a result of prolonged use of certain drugs, such as antipsychotics, cytostatics, anticonvulsants, large doses of vitamin A.
No matter how strong diffuse hair loss, it is only necessary to start the treatment process after consultation and determination of its cause by the trichologist. After all, hair restoration is a rather lengthy process that requires an integrated approach, patience and regularity of the necessary procedures.
Today several hair restoration methods are available , namely:
- medication (taking certain vitamin complexes);
- hardware (ozone therapy, mesotherapy, darsonval);
- homemade (the use of special cosmetics and homemade masks prepared according to the recipes of our grandmothers).
Moreover, as soon as diffuse hair loss has been detected, it is necessary to immediately begin to take measures aimed at:
- improving nutrition of the hair follicle and metabolism in general;
- activation of the so-called "sleeping" bulbs;
- improved microcirculation of hair;
- elimination of dry scalp.
And do not forget that diffuse hair loss is only a reflection of internal malfunctions in the body that occur for some time. And this means that, firstly, you need to put in order and take care of the whole body as a whole, and secondly, it will take time, sometimes longer than you would like, to restore the previous condition of the hair. But with a regular and comprehensive approach, hair restoration is still possible.