Are you a busy person with a mass of outstanding tasks? If you decide to put an end to the problem of how to manage everything, consider it failed. Why? Because such a statement of the question contradicts itself. It is like action and reaction in mechanics, and in physics - positive and negative electricity. To be in time is impossible! But do not despair, there is a way out, and we will indicate it.
You need to know the "golden" rules of time management if you are the one who is in the process of solving the dilemma "how to get things done":
- do not fit within the established time frame;
- become nervous and upset, which affects not only the work, but also the relationship with loved ones;
- As a result, you whine and complain, referring to many reasons that did not allow to carry out the plan, consider yourself a failure.
Just a person who wondered, “How to get things done?”, Looks like a boy with a slingshot, who is peeling pebbles on a bottle battery, imagining that he has a machine gun in his hands.
A simple step-by-step instruction, consisting of four steps, will lead you out of the labyrinth of affairs. Now for the fun part:
Step 1 - Do Not Do It If You Can
Review your list of planned tasks and cross out those that you most likely can’t do at all. Please note that it is important not to shift things to later, but to completely abandon their implementation! Review your area of responsibility. Most of the tasks should be performed by other people, and, you know, who. The only area of questions that no one will fulfill for you is going to the bathroom or to the doctor, eating, etc. Just do not think that you push your business to others. You act as an experienced military leader - you are engaged in a strategic alignment of forces before the war.
Feeling a surge of determination? This worked the law of communicating vessels - if in one it decreases, then the other is filled. In this case, you filled yourself with released energy.
Step 2 - "Prioritize"
Your list has shrunk markedly, and at this stage it is important to identify priority issues:
- urgent tasks requiring urgent solutions;
- Tactical issues or issues related to self-improvement, but not requiring immediate implementation;
- tasks are not very significant, but urgent (spontaneous tasks from the management);
- things are not urgent and not too important, which, if possible, is better to refuse.
The day must begin with the solution of urgent tasks requiring urgent implementation.
Step 3 - "Order must be in everything!"
- Literally on the shelves and your professional documents. On the desktop there should be an ideal order - a completely specific place should be in the documents and every thing.
- If you have not done this before, purchase a weekly journal, where you will record all upcoming affairs, setting priorities and accents. Order is needed not only for objects, but also for thoughts.
Step 4 - Self Control
If in the evenings, perhaps before going to bed, you will answer these five questions, the problem of “how to get everything done” for you will no longer exist:
1. What have you learned over the past day?
2. Was everything done to solve pressing problems?
3. Did you do the job with pleasure?
4. Have you provided a service or assistance to someone who needed it?
5. How did you rest what you did for your well-being and health?