Today, it is popular to order goods and necessary things for a home via the Internet. And no one is immune from the poor quality of materials from which purchased accessories are made. It happens that when you open a package with shoes or another object, a person feels a sharp and pungent smell of rubber.
Of course, in the store you can check all this and buy things without the annoying stench. But nevertheless, having saved money and becoming the owner of just such a product, the question of how to get rid of the smell of rubber begins to worry. It is possible, the main thing is to choose the right method.
These things bring suffering to the owner.
Most often, the problem of unpleasant odor is inherent in such things:
- Shoe made from leather substitute.
- Bicycle tires, children’s cars, scooters.
- Car mats.
- Silicone kitchen appliances.
- Children's toys made of rubber.
These are just some of the goods that may prompt the buyer to find the answer to the question: "How to get rid of the smell of rubber?". Therefore, everyone can face such a problem, because every modern person at least once in his life has ordered products through various sites or directly from China.
Why rubber has an unpleasant smell
When buying goods in stores, people rarely experience the problem of bad smell. Most often, the products are in open space, and therefore, even if there was originally a stench, it evaporates. Typically, the pungent and pungent smell of rubber is inherent in products ordered over the Internet. This happens for the following reasons:
- Not the best quality of the material from which the thing is made.
- Tight packaging without ventilation also leads to the spread of “aroma” of rubber.
- Poor quality of glue or other connecting substances, which, if stored improperly, lead to the stench.
These are the main reasons why rubber from a Chinese or domestic manufacturer exudes an unpleasant odor. But when the purchase has already been made, it remains only to understand the question: "How to get rid of the smell of rubber?". Fortunately, there are many methods to solve this problem.
How to get rid of the smell of rubber in shoes
Even leather or suede shoes can exude a terrible “aroma”, which is felt after the person brought the desired purchase home. It happens that the smell itself goes away after several wear. And it happens that the stench remains, so a person will either have to throw away the goods, or find measures to help get rid of the problem.
There are several ways that you can forget about the fetid “aroma” of new shoes. The most popular of them are:
1. Airing shoes. This is the most gentle way that is worth a try. To do this, you need to put your newly purchased shoes on the street, on the balcony or in any room in which there is good ventilation. The time spent by the shoe or sneaker in the air may vary. In some cases, a few hours are enough to forget about the smell of rubber forever. And sometimes it takes several days. It also happens that this method does not solve the problem.
2. Finding shoes in the sun can also be one of the options for resolving the issue. Ultraviolet rays destroy unpleasant odors. To do this, you need to choose the sunny side in the apartment and from all sides “warm” the “clothes” for the legs under the rays. You should be careful with this method. Ultraviolet light not only helps eliminate odor, but can also negatively affect the quality of the material. Therefore, it is important not to overexpose.
3. Ordinary vinegar can also help to forget about the fetid "aromas" coming from new shoes. For such a preventive measure, you need to take a bucket or basin with water. Pour half a glass of vinegar into the liquid. Then immerse the shoes in this container for one hour. After that, usually the smell of rubber disappears.
4. Peppermint oil can also be a solution to the question: "How to get rid of the smell of rubber?". This method is not able to eliminate the "aroma", but to kill the pungent smell of rubber more pleasant will help. To try this method, you need to dip a wet sponge into the oil and wipe the shoes with it from all sides. After a few minutes, you will find that the smell of rubber has disappeared.
These methods are most common for eliminating stench coming from shoes. Each of the methods should be approached with caution and prudence, so as not to spoil the product and not make it unfit to wear.
How to get rid of the smell of rubber tires
Today, goods from China have become very popular among domestic consumers. This applies to both clothing, toys, and children's vehicles, such as bicycles. Having brought home the desired purchase and placing it in the corridor, some people begin to feel the unpleasant smell of rubber. This problem is quite common, because inexpensive goods are not always made from high quality raw materials. In such a situation, the question certainly arises of how to get rid of the smell of Chinese rubber. Fortunately, there are enough methods and you can correct the situation. The most common methods are as follows:
- Airing in the fresh air.
- Wiping tires with a solution of soap and glycerin.
- A mixture of ammonia and alcohol will also help eliminate an unpleasant odor.
- Another “flavor” of rubber is removed using a solution of salt, vodka, ketchup and lemon juice. This mixture should later be washed off the tire surface.
As a rule, one of the manipulations is enough for the bike to stop upsetting the owners.
When getting rid of the smell of rubber, you should adhere to such rules:
- Try the method on a small piece of material to check how the mixture acts on the product.
- Initially, try the most harmless methods to eliminate the smell of rubber.
- If possible, change the product, if you didn’t remove the smell .
Taking note of the above methods to eliminate the fetid "aroma", you can completely forget about the original smell of the purchased product. The main thing is to do everything with caution, then the money saved will not be wasted.