Most who have a pet treat him as a family member. Good owners take responsibility for a furry or feathered friend, take care of him, try to delight him with his favorite treats and equip his place of residence.He also needs a beautiful house.
Dogs that proudly serve the guard of their master and his private home must build a booth. There are completely ordinary buildings, but there are real houses of several rooms. To make the “mansions” for your pet as comfortable and beautiful as possible, we offer an interesting option: a two-room doghouse made by yourself. This building has a berth and a terrace. In addition to a place for rest and sleep, there is a place where the dog will breathe fresh air without going outside, even if it rains. A good owner will take care that his pet receives the most comfortable living conditions, which also aim at hardening the body.
Take off dimensions
Construction should not be cramped. Therefore, before proceeding with the construction, it is necessary to find out the size of the pet:
- chest width;
- height at the withers;
- distance from the nose to the beginning of the tail;
- dog growth.
To do this, take an ordinary ruler. Add another 20 cm to the growth of the dog. These are the sizes that should be enough for a dog to live comfortably. You can do more, but this is at the request of the owner.
- To get a spacious doghouse, you need to do your own measurements of the depth of the future home. After all, the dog must turn, lie down at full height (counting the paws too). 15 cm should be added to the dog's length data.
- The width for the "bedroom" will also serve as the size of the dog from the tip of the nose to the beginning of the tail, taking into account an increase of 15 cm to the obtained parameters.
Good old tree
In order for the doghouse, made with your own hands, to serve the pet for a long time, we recommend using wood as a building material. Edged board is optimal. Boards must be moisture resistant, so they must be painted. For those who live in a region with a cold climate, it is better to make a booth insulated, with double walls between which felt is laid, old unnecessary fabric or cotton wool. A good insulation is husk from rice or sawdust from a tree.
Dimensions produced, material prepared, base ready. Now you can proceed to the roof for the building called "doghouse". With their own hands, the usual roof is erected on the created rooms (sleeping bag and terrace), for which slate, ruberoid or any other roofing material is suitable.
Important little things that will come in handy when do-it-yourself dog kennels are erected without any existing construction experience.
- Lay the floor 10-12 cm above the ground, in order to avoid cooling.
- Inside, make skirting boards.
- It is desirable that the design was collapsible, then it will be convenient to clean it.
- At the entrance to the building, make flooring from the boards.
- The presence of a door (when the weather is raging on the street, the dog will be pleased in a warm room without drafts). The door can be made from a piece of tarpaulin, which is cut according to the parameters of the hole in the booth and is fixed on top.
These are the main points you should know when building a house for your shaggy guard. Let the booth built with your own hands for a “friend” become not only his new place of residence, but also your pride.