Sleep is one of the most important processes during which changes occur throughout the body. This is a real pleasure that supports human health. But the modern rhythm of life is becoming faster, and many sacrifice their holidays in favor of important things or work. Most in the morning barely raise their heads from the pillows and almost never get enough sleep. You can read more about how much a person needs to sleep to get enough sleep in this article.
According to biorhythms, absolutely all living organisms on Earth live, and many physical phenomena also occur. Biological rhythms are a systematic repetition of natural processes at the same time. They affect the energy and vitality of a person. Therefore, in the morning, the majority feels an increase in strength, and in the evening - fatigue. According to biorhythms, not only the man himself works, but also his internal organs. Each of them has a peak and a decline in their activity. For example, for pulmonary patients, the predawn hours become the hardest, when the lungs become the least active. How much sleep do you need to sleep? You can answer this question if you learn more about human biological rhythms.
The main rhythms that affect the human body are natural (lunar and solar cycles) and social (work schedule). Biological rhythms are divided into the following:
- Physical - lasts 23 days and includes a positive and negative period. In the first half, human energy arrives, and in the second, it decreases.
- The emotional period lasts 28 days. The first half is good for establishing friendly and family relationships, and in the second people become irritable and easily touchy. Knowing your emotional biorhythm, you can plan meetings at a time convenient for you to avoid embarrassing situations.
- Intelligent biorhythm is the longest - its duration is 33 days. As you might guess, in the first half of the cycle a person is easily given intellectual tasks, then a recession ensues, and mental activity slows down.
Biorhythms also act during a person’s sleep. It depends on them what time to go to bed to sleep. If you want to sleep, even if you get enough sleep, then most likely the matter is in broken biorhythms.
From childhood, children are taught to go to bed until 11 o’clock. Between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m., fatigue is most severe. Then the energy begins to arrive, and the closer the morning, the less usually you want to sleep. That is why people who do not sleep at night say that the most difficult thing is to wait out the interval between 11 and one in the morning. Then the sleep recedes, and the activity of the body increases. To know how to sleep, to get enough sleep, you need to familiarize yourself with the stages of sleep. In each phase, the activity of the human brain changes. The main stages of sleep are slow and fast. Throughout the night they alternate, replacing one another. Slow or deep sleep can be easily determined by quiet breathing, almost complete immobility and lack of muscle activity. As a rule, the duration of deep sleep is less than fast. During this phase, new cellular structures and tissues are created in the human body, and energy is also accumulated, which will then be wasted during the day. That is why it is important for children to go to bed on time and spend at least 9 hours a day in bed, otherwise their body will simply not produce growth hormone.
The fast phase of sleep is sometimes called paradoxical because brain activity remains at the same level as during wakefulness, but spinal cord neurons are completely disabled. At this stage, the body of the sleeping person becomes completely motionless. It is in this phase that a person dreams, and eyeballs under the eyelids come into motion. In the REM stage, the human brain analyzes and processes the information received per day and redistributes energy.
The importance of good sleep
Sleeping on the clock and getting enough sleep is very important for a fulfilling life. What causes lack of sleep?
- Premature aging. Scientific studies have proven that people sleeping less than 5 hours a day increase the number of wrinkles, worsen skin color and slow down metabolic procedures.
- Lack of sleep primarily affects the immune system. During regular sleep deprivation, immunity is reduced by about 70%. As a result, people sleeping less than expected are more prone to colds and SARS.
- During prolonged sleep deficiency, stress hormone cortisol is produced in large quantities in the body. It makes a person irritable and nervous. In addition, cortisol indirectly affects the formation of free radicals in the body, which can degenerate into cancerous tumors.
- Lack of sleep causes almost the same symptoms as intoxication. A person becomes distracted, cannot concentrate on one thing, and mental abilities are significantly reduced. That is why it is recommended to study in the morning, after a full sleep, at which time the human brain is most active.
- Weight gain is a natural consequence of a short rest. During sleep, hormones are produced in the body that are responsible for moderate appetite and many metabolic processes. And if a person sleeps little, then the necessary processes do not have time to complete. Therefore, the first advice of nutritionists to those who can not lose weight, is to normalize sleep patterns.
A full dream has many benefits. This is a free cure for many diseases and a real "elixir of health", which is available to everyone. How much does a person need to sleep in order to sleep? It depends on age and individual characteristics.
How to determine that you do not have enough sleep?
Often, a person cannot determine what is causing the illness. Studies show that after a sleepless night, the body does not cope with the tasks and cannot concentrate, but the person himself does not suspect this. It seems to him that he is in control. You should consider increasing your sleep duration if you experience the following symptoms:
- Deterioration of motor function.
- Decreased libido.
- Impaired immunity.
Amount of sleep needed
How much sleep do you need to get enough sleep? Doctors advise spending at least 7 hours in bed. It is this norm that is considered the minimum for all adults. It is better if you sleep even more - about 8-9 hours. But doctors do not recommend bedding: you must not allow the duration of sleep to be longer than 10 hours. For children, the norms are much larger. How much better to sleep to sleep, babies? Babies spend almost all the time in a dream: they stay awake for about 4-6 hours a day. After a year, babies need about 12 hours of sleep. In younger preschoolers, this period is reduced to 9-10 hours and remains so until adolescence. So how much sleep do you need to sleep? In general, each person needs an individual amount of sleep, which largely depends on the biorhythms of the body. 4 hours is enough for one to recover, while others need at least 9.
Studies show that depending on gender, sleep patterns may also vary. Women need an average of 20 minutes more sleep than men. At the same time, night sleep is considered important. A day's rest gives the brain a short break, but has little effect on other areas. Therefore, it is important to sleep 7-8 hours in the dark.
How to sleep better?
Vigor and good mood depend not only on the amount of sleep, but also on its quality. Indeed, even after sleeping for 10 hours, constantly tossing and turning and waking up, you are unlikely to feel rested. How to sleep to get enough sleep? Therapists recommend taking care not only of the place and duration of sleep, but also of other factors. There are rituals that are designed to prepare the body for sleep and establish natural processes in the body that have been disrupted:
- Two or three hours before bedtime, you need to reduce the information flow: turn off the TV and computer and try not to touch the phone. All these devices only excite the nervous system and make you lie for long minutes in bed without sleep. The smartphone screen directly in bed is especially dangerous. Using a tape of social networks instead of a book, you load the brain with extra information that it continues to analyze in a dream.
- To fall asleep faster, use meditation and breathing techniques. They help to turn off consciousness from the hustle and slowly relax the whole body.
- Ventilating the room before going to bed nourishes the brain with oxygen and promotes sound and healthy sleep. It is better to sleep with an open window or window leaf for a greater effect.
- Set the sleep mode that you will follow every day. If you go to bed one day at 4 in the morning, and the other at 9 in the evening, it is unlikely that your sleep will be complete.
- Use lamps with warm and soft lighting. Scientists have found that such light does not interfere with the production of melatonin and helps to fall asleep. White hard light, on the contrary, gives the body a signal of wakefulness, so it will be difficult to fall asleep after it.
- Physical activity throughout the day not only helps you instantly fall asleep by touching the pillow, but also prolongs the phase of deep sleep, in which a person is best restored.
- If you accidentally hit the mode, do not wake up too late. Stand at the same time as usual, and lie down a little earlier - so you don’t have to break your schedule.
How to sleep to sleep? Certain rituals performed every day will make it easier to fall asleep. Why rituals? They make it possible to feel safe, among the usual things. This is especially important for people who have depression or nervous breakdowns or are simply not sure about tomorrow. What rituals for sleep can be distinguished?
- It is necessary to finish all things. Unfulfilled tasks, like a splinter, settle in the mind and interfere with rest. In order not to leave “tails” for the evening, it is enough to reduce the number of tasks or think about time management.
- Soothing drink based on folk recipes is effective. Maybe it will be something that reminds you of pleasant events in your life. Or a cup of warm milk with honey. Chamomile tea and lemon balm tea are natural sleeping pills that calm the nervous system.
- Aromatherapy helps to relax even people in anxiety. It is enough to add a few drops of pine or juniper oil to the aroma lamp and slowly breathe in for several minutes.
- Water procedures help wash away negative emotions and prepare the body for sleep. By taking a bath or taking a shower, you will instantly feel better.
Considered important and the time of going to bed. What time to go to bed to sleep? Doctors recommend going to bed between 9 and 11 pm. It is at this time that fatigue reaches its climax and falling asleep is easiest.
How to sleep to get enough sleep
Not only quantity but also quality of sleep is very important. If there is a definite answer to the question of how much a person needs to get enough sleep, then far from everyone knows how to use this time effectively. There are a number of simple rules that can improve the quality of sleep:
- Exclude alcohol and junk food at bedtime. For the last meal, a light salad and fish are best suited, and you need to eat at least 1-2 hours before bedtime so that the stomach can digest food.
- Eliminate annoying factors. Many people sleep poorly due to extraneous sounds. It is best to sleep in silence, but if this is not possible, turn on soothing music or white noise. Ear plugs can also be a great solution.
- Sleep in total darkness. Under the influence of any light in the body, the production of melatonin is reduced, in the results you sleep worse. Buy blackout curtains and turn off all the lights while you sleep.
- A humidifier and an open window in the room will increase the duration of deep sleep and help you relax better.
How to establish a regimen for a child
For children, healthy and sound sleep is important, as for no other. After all, it is at night that growth hormone is produced, and the brain is unloaded and "arranges" the information received. How to sleep to sleep, baby?
Infants often do not distinguish between day and night, and mom has to sleep when she has to. It is possible to establish a mode, but not immediately. In older children, discipline plays an important role. If you change your sleep regimen every other day, then it is likely that the child will not be able to adapt to it and will fall asleep for a long time every evening. An important role in laying a child is played by rituals. Usually, children are asked to read a book to them before going to bed. Hygienic procedures, reading and sufficient physical activity during the day will help your baby fall asleep faster. Equally important is the time of going to bed. When is it best to sleep to sleep, baby? Doctors advise you to go to bed between 9 and 10 pm.
Quite often, people have sleep disturbances. Sleep is a true indicator of what is happening in our lives. Any stress or disturbance in the body processes is immediately reflected in this important process. In order to fix the problem, you need to get to the bottom of the reason and try to fix it. A person needs to sleep at least 8 hours to sleep. But what if you fail to fall asleep?
- Herbal medicines can help (for example, Novo-Passit). They are sold in any pharmacy without a prescription and have a minimum of side effects. They are not addictive, but have a mild sedative effect, which is enough to deal with periodic insomnia.
- If you have more serious problems, a neurologist can help, who can select and prescribe the necessary drugs. These are usually barbiturates or benzodiazepines. They have serious side effects, so they should be used only in extreme cases and with extreme caution.
- Homeopathic medicines are an unconventional but effective way to remove sleep problems. To achieve the desired effect, you need to find a qualified specialist who will prescribe the necessary treatment for you.
How can I get enough sleep in a couple of hours?
Many people ask how much a person needs to sleep in order to get enough sleep, and the doctors’ answer is not encouraging. But modern science is inventing ever new ways to reduce sleep time. So far, they are available only to a very small number of people because of their high cost, but in the near future the situation should change dramatically.
- A weighted blanket is not at all like an ordinary one. Its weight is 10% of the weight of a person, and it has a therapeutic effect. Scientists have proven that such a blanket helps get rid of anxiety and anxiety and reduce blood cortisol levels.
- Bracelet for sleeping. The product called “Sonya” was invented by the company “Neurocom”. Its use is recommended for people suffering from depression, nervous and anxiety disorders. Typically, such diseases are accompanied by sleep disorders. The bracelet allows you to extend the deep phase of sleep with the help of micro pulses of the current that it delivers through the skin. Brain neurons are synchronized in the delta phase, and the person feels more rested.
- The capsule for sleeping is the latest invention, which allows you to maintain high productivity throughout the day. How much should a person sleep to sleep in such a cell? Just 4-5 hours of sleep is enough for this. The capsule is a closed pencil case with a physiological couch inside and a timer. The walls of the capsule do not let in any sounds, so a person can sleep peacefully even in the middle of a busy square. Oxygen mixed with CO 2 is supplied inside the capsule, which also contributes to faster rest. 12 , , .
Effective and healthy sleep is an art. It is important not only what time to go to bed to get enough sleep, but also the place of rest and the surroundings. If you have problems with sleep, do not rush to turn to medications - first establish a regimen and try to determine the cause of your insomnia. Sleeping on the clock and getting enough sleep is real if you follow all the rules of effective sleep.