Aromatherapy originated in ancient times. Odor treatment principles have been used in Egypt, Greece, India, China and other Asian countries. Gradually, this trend spread to Europe and America. As you know, essential oils have a relaxing, calming, anti-inflammatory effect. You can choose the right smell for yourself and enjoy, while it’s quite possible to make a device for supplying oil (which is called the “aroma lamp”) with your own hands.
A simple design from a container with essential oil and a heating element - this is what an aroma lamp is. With their own hands, this device was made (as mentioned earlier) in ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia. It was an ordinary lamp, over which a small container was installed (made of ceramics, glass and other natural materials) - oil from various herbs with the addition of water was dripped into it.
It may be noted that at the moment the principle of the device has not changed, but the device is also used as an addition to the interior, as a lighting device or flash drive.
Aromalampa (you can make a simpler option with your own hands) is of the following types:
- The classic device. The most common fixture consists of a bowl of water with oil, which is heated with a burning candle.
- Electric aroma lamp. This device differs from the prototype in that a conventional mains-operated light bulb is used as a heating element. Moreover, this device is also used for soft lighting of the room.
- Aromalamp with ultrasonic device. The principle of operation of this device is significantly different from previous types. Here, the oil is fed into the diffuser, where it evaporates under the influence of ultrasound. This aroma lamp (it will be difficult to make such a device with your own hands) does not produce side odors, such as from burning a candle, it is safe, because water is not used here, which, if handled improperly, can lead to a short circuit in the mains. In addition, this device is economical, since the oil is not diluted, but immediately enters the diffuser.
How to make an aromatic lamp with your own hands?
In order to make such a device yourself, you may need such materials and tools:
- oblong tin can;
- a small candle;
- scissors for metal;
- a bowl or other suitable utensil;
- glue and decorations (shells, sea stones and other materials).
This is a very simple way that allows you to make such an accessory as an aroma lamp with your own hands. The master class is presented below.
When choosing a jar, pay attention to the fact that its top should be smooth. Below, in the side surface, you need to make a small hole through which the candle will be installed. A bowl or other utensil should fit the top hole in the jar so that the position of the bowl is stable. The surface of the can can be decorated with various materials and glue as you wish. After that, you can install the bowl on the jar, fill it with water and add a few drops of oil.
This device has a good calming and healing effect. In addition, some essential oils (such as conifers) disinfect the air. This device can be installed anywhere in the house and enjoy the pleasant aromas.