Plumbing equipment is installed in any residential apartment or house. It will not be a secret to anyone that he needs some care. Sometimes during the operation of plumbing there are problems with poor water flow and blockages. Therefore, many owners would probably like to know how to clean the blockage in the toilet at home. In this review, we will consider this problem in detail and talk about the main ways to solve it.
Causes and signs of blockage
Let's dwell on this in more detail. Before disassembling how to clean the toilet yourself, you should consider the main causes of blockages. The most common include:
- Incorrect installation of plumbing equipment or pipes.
- Misuse of wastewater.
Many do not even immediately understand what the problem is. The main signs of plumbing clogging are:
- Unpleasant odor in the toilet, which is not eliminated when using air fresheners and other chemicals.
- Slow waste water in the drain hole.
- Stagnant water in the toilet, the appearance of litter and waste from pipes.
Usually, upon detection of such signs, housewives immediately turn to professional plumbers for help. It is often a long time to wait for such a specialist, so many are interested in ways to independently eliminate blockages. There are many simple and effective methods.
We use a plunger
So what do you need to know about this? An integral attribute of any plumbing is a plunger. This tool should be in every home. The device is a rubber suction cup on a wooden handle. Using a plunger, you can create the movement of water in the pipe. Using it is quite simple: you need to position the plunger strictly above the toilet drain hole and quickly push it several times. Due to the increase in water pressure, movement is created. As a result, stagnation will be able to go further down the pipes into the general sewer.
What to do if a toilet clogged? How to clean yourself? The plunger helps if the blockage is somewhere in the depth of the drain. If the cork is not far away, then using a plunger should be done a little differently. It is installed over the drain, gently pressed and returned back with a sharp movement. This technique will help pull the blockage out, rather than push it further. This is usually more effective.
We use plastic bottles
How can you eliminate blockage in the toilet? What to do if there is no plunger at hand? For this purpose, an ordinary plastic bottle will fit perfectly. So, what is the feature of this method? The principle of application here is exactly the same. A 2 or 5 liter plastic bottle is best. With a knife or scissors, the bottom should be cut off. At the same time, the cork is left twisted on the neck. The trimmed edge of the bottle is inserted into the toilet hole. Further actions will be exactly the same as when using a plunger. You need to lower and raise the bottle a couple of times. The device operates on the principle of a plunger: it pushes or pulls the blockage due to an increase in water pressure.
We clean the plumbing with the auger and rags
How to clean the blockage in the toilet? A homemade pipe cleaning device is easy to make using a simple rag and a mop. The canvas is tightly folded and pushed into the toilet hole. So, an artificially created cork by means of a mop is sharply pushed into the depth using the principle of water hammer. It may turn out that you can push the blockage deeper.
What else can eliminate the blockage? A cable is well suited for cleaning the toilet. What is the peculiarity of this method? This device pushes the plug deep into the sewer. On the cable there can be a knob - a device with a special handle on one end and a spiral connected to the axis with a flexible tube at the other end. The auger must be pushed into the depth while turning the handle. Such actions will help eliminate blockages formed in the toilet. After this, a small amount of hot water should be poured into the hole.
What to do if a toilet clogged? How to clean yourself? Using any of the above methods, you should know that the toilet is a rather fragile plumbing device. When leaning on a mop or plunger, one should take into account one's own forces. Otherwise, cleaning may result in the replacement of all plumbing equipment.
Why are they needed? In order not to encounter such an unpleasant problem, it is enough to regularly carry out preventive measures. Watch what gets into the sewers. Often there is food waste that would be better thrown into the bin. Toilet paper is also recommended to be thrown away rather than flushed. If there are children in the house, you must ensure that they do not throw objects into the toilet, such as toys. If they are found in the drain hole, in no case should you try to rinse them. Be sure to try to extract these items. Clogging may occur anywhere in the sewer system. Sometimes it affects several apartments of a multi-storey building at once.
How to eliminate blockage in the toilet? What to do? There is one unusual way that allows you to quickly solve this problem. For this, a special film made of durable material is used. So how to use it? It should be glued to the toilet in the form of a cover. This element allows you to achieve the formation of a kind of vacuum. When this procedure is completed, it is necessary to drain the water a couple of times. As a result, the film will have to inflate. After that, they are pressed against it with smooth movements and thereby push the blockage deep into the sewer. A few of these swings is enough for the water to gradually begin to leave. When the effect is achieved, the film can be removed and discarded.
Let's dwell on this option in more detail. Today there is a large assortment of chemicals on sale to eliminate blockages. This method is considered the most convenient and simple. Means can be in the form of powder, gel, granules. The most famous of them is "Mole". From blockages, it helps very well.
You can also try a simple and cheap folk remedy - ordinary baking soda. In the toilet you need to pour about half a pack. Dissolving in a liquid, it forms an alkaline solution.
To choose the right option to deal with blockage, you must first determine the type of pollution. This will help determine the means for the fight. It’s best to simply prevent such blockages. The toilet and drains should only be used for their intended purpose.
Varieties of cleansers
How to clean the blockage in the toilet? The problem can be completely solved by the use of special chemical compounds. Consider some of the most effective tools:
- "Bio Favorite". Its main purpose is not to eliminate blockages, but to use for the decomposition of waste under the influence of the active bacteria present in the composition. Typically, "Bio Favorite" is used to clean country and village toilets, septic tanks, cesspools. Practice shows that this tool also helps to eliminate blockages. It is completely safe for pipes, therefore, it can be used in any quantities. The average cost is 150 rubles.
- Biostructure "Vantuz". More expensive compared to the previous option. Packaging this composition will cost about 400 rubles. The drug is absolutely safe for humans and is able to cope with any blockages that are of organic origin. The product has no specific odor and quickly removes even severe blockages. In addition, such a biological composition can be used to prevent blockages.
- "Mole". For cleaning the sewer, a proven and inexpensive tool. The cost of a liter package does not exceed 50 rubles. It is sold in the form of a powder or gel. When using the composition, be sure to observe safety precautions. Avoid contact with the skin; use rubber gloves when handling the drain.
- "Mister Muscle". For cleaning drain pipes, this tool is perfect. Its main feature is the speed of action. It really copes in a few minutes, even with a strong blockage. Experts advise pouring it for several hours or at night. On sale, "Mr. Muscle" can be found in the form of a gel or powder. The cost of one package of the product does not exceed 100 rubles.
- "Clean drains." An inexpensive and effective option that eliminates severe blockages in just 15 minutes. But there is one problem: this composition is extremely difficult to find in household chemical stores today. It is sold in packages designed for one use.
- Deboucher Gel containing chlorine and alkali. Despite the presence of aggressive substances in the composition of the product, it does not have a pungent odor. According to the instructions to eliminate blockage, the gel must be poured into the drain for an hour. In fact, with simple pollution, 15-20 minutes will be quite enough. The cost of packaging is approximately 150 rubles. For such an effective tool, it is not too expensive. Deboucher can also be used as a preventative measure. This composition also has its drawbacks. Firstly, the gel is not too economical. To achieve a tangible effect, you will have to pour at least half a liter of funds into the drain. Secondly, the container is easy to open and does not have special protection from children. In addition, due to the high chlorine content of the product, it is not recommended to use it for cleaning aluminum pipes.
- Bagi Pothan. This option is not cheap, but from the category of very effective. A package weighing 600 grams costs about 500 rubles. He grabs him for a few cleanings. The fluid acts very quickly. Blockages can be removed in just 5 minutes. There are also disadvantages to using Bagi Pothan. Pipe cleaner is not recommended for use on old and worn structures. For preventive purposes, it should also not be used. To eliminate small blockages, it is better to use more delicate formulations. When using this substance, the use of a respirator is a prerequisite. In a small room, the pungent odor of the product can cause severe mucosal irritation and allergic reactions.
- Sanox Clean Stock. Judging by the effects, then this tool can be attributed to soft. It does not spoil the pipes, does not have a strong pungent odor and is quite affordable. A half-liter capacity will cost only 50 rubles. The tool helps to easily eliminate blockage and can be used for any type of pipe. One package is enough for only two uses. Sanox has two serious flaws. The first is the speed of action. For the product to work, it must be left for several hours. Secondly, the liquid is not suitable for severe blockages of organic origin. Therefore, if after the first use the problem has not been fixed, it is better to try a more serious tool.
- "Selena Antizasor." Another option is to clean the blockage in the toilet. The tool is available in the form of granules. Packaging costs an average of about 10 rubles. If the blockage is small, then one package is quite enough, in more serious cases it will be necessary to use several pieces. At the heart of "Selena Antizasora" is soda ash. This substance makes up about 30% of the total volume. For this reason, the product is practically odorless. For the composition to work, it must be left in the sink for an hour and a half.
- Tiret Turbo Gel for pipe cleaning, with many advantages. Helps easily and quickly eliminate any blockage. It must be poured into the drain, left for 5 minutes, and then washed off with hot water.
- "Flup". For pipe cleaning, this tool helps perfectly. It is sold in small bags, one package is enough to eliminate simple blockages. "Flup" must be filled in the drain and fill with water. It can be used for both metal and plastic pipes.
Any person at least once in his life has encountered such a nuisance as a blockage in the sewer. What to do in this case? How to clean the blockage in the toilet? In this review, we examined the main ways to deal with this problem.
The main cause of blockages is the misuse of plumbing equipment. Garbage and food debris that do not dissolve in water and eventually lead to cork can enter the sewer. Most often, blockages appear in the places of bending of pipes, because of which the water in the drain stops leaving. When such a problem arises, a completely logical question arises as to how to clean the blockage in the toilet. There are two types of blockage elimination methods: mechanical and chemical. The first method provides the possibility of using special devices, such as plunger or cable. The action is based on the effect of water hammer. The cable just helps to remove the contents of the cork from the sewer. When using mechanical methods of exposure, special care must be taken, since plumbing is a rather fragile equipment.
Chemical methods to eliminate blockage involve the use of special formulations. For example, you can try Mr. Muscle to clean the drain pipes. This inexpensive and effective option helps to cope even with fairly complex blockages without unnecessary efforts. When using chemicals, personal protective equipment should be kept in mind. All work must be carried out with rubber gloves, in some cases you will even have to use special respirators.
Despite the fact that blockages in the toilet are a very unpleasant phenomenon, they can be quickly dealt with. The most important thing is to choose the most effective product for yourself!