It's hard to believe, but the history of training in Russia has more than 100 years! The founder can be safely called Konstantin Sergeyevich Stanislavsky. He developed a unique system for actors, consisting of three hundred exercises, which, by the way, are still used today to develop emotional flexibility. The peak of the popularity of training occurred in the 70-80s of the last century. In the early nineties, people simply did not have time for psychological and esoteric studies. But at the end, an unprecedented interest arose in them: with their help, one could find a way out of difficult situations, find a new system of values, increase the capabilities of the mind and body.
We decided to analyze the difficulties that we will encounter during the trainings, and we prepared a kind of “instruction” that tells about the structure of the training, subject, goal, methods and tasks! We hope that this article will be useful not only for beginner coaches, but also for those who have been conducting this kind of classes for several years!
As soon as you have a desire to become a coach and conduct interesting trainings, think to whom (of course, except you) it will be interesting. You need to make a list of potential participants and conduct a survey among them. If every second holding an event seems like a good idea - feel free to make up the structure of the training!
Here it is important to answer the following questions:
- What are the goals of the training and its objectives?
- What audience is it intended for?
- How is this training different from competitor training?
- Do the selected exercises correspond to the information blocks?
- How cost-effective is the training?
How to conduct a training: useful tips
In the textbooks on creativity, you can find the basic rules that allow you to create the structure and scenario of the training and to organize it in a quality manner. Here are just a small part:
- The program can be borrowed from the best trainers, and then adapted to your goals. In this case, it is best to combine modules taken from different programs.
- It is important to know that the best program is a new program. Materials for it can be taken from different areas of life!
Before you begin to work on the structure of the training, you need to conduct a thorough analysis to determine the objectives.
There are three main types of such occupations: obviously business, obviously personal, at the same time personal and business.
Personal, in turn, can be divided into psychological, esoteric, worldly and developing. All of them are aimed at changing the personal characteristics of the participants in the event. In turn, business training, which can also be called business training, does not concern a person’s qualities. Their goal is to develop the skills necessary for the business.
In general, the structure of the training can be called a clear logic of the presentation of information. A well-organized lesson will allow participants to absorb the maximum amount of information. And the process itself will be dynamic and easy.
We invite you to get acquainted with the main building blocks of sales training and the structure of such an event:
- Begin with the introduction. The maximum time is half an hour. The participants need to be introduced to the trainer and to each other. The coach briefly presents himself, and then gives the participants time to talk about themselves. This stage cannot be skipped, because it is he who creates a confidential atmosphere in the group. The next part of the first stage is an introduction to the training rules and its organizational aspects. This will help prevent unwanted actions by the participants. It is important to collect information about the expectations of the training participants. Thanks to this, you will be able to understand what exactly the audience expects from you, what issues should be addressed in more detail.
- Theoretical part. In the structure of sales training, this stage should not exceed 40%. Otherwise, instead of training, you will get a regular lecture that will not allow you to form practical skills. All theoretical information needs to be divided into small blocks. One needs to get acquainted with the theory in portions, without tiring the participants. It is necessary to exclude complex schemes and terms from materials. As an option, replace them with more understandable ones. Your task is to build skills! For the highlights of the theoretical part, you will need visual accompaniment. A good option is presentations, brochures. Despite the fact that you want to share detailed information, interesting details with the participants, it is better to refuse it. There may not be enough time to work out the theory. Better devote this time to practical exercises.
- The practical part. In the structure of training, this part should occupy at least 60 percent of the entire lesson. Exercises should follow each information block - this will fix the theory. Exercises should not be too complicated. The list is better prepared in advance. Each exercise should be accompanied by clear instructions. Do not interfere with the training participants in solving practical problems. The intervention of the coach can lead to the fact that the team simply relaxes and will not try.
- The final stage. It is necessary in order to take stock. During this part, participants can once again recall the material covered. It is important to pay attention to the expectations of the participants that were voiced at the beginning of the training. After all, it was intended for you to answer all questions and discuss all important points. If you have completed all the tasks, the training participants will be satisfied that the training was fruitful.
Personal Growth Training
The structure of training on personal growth differs from the scheme of business training. Of course, you cannot do without similar steps, but there is a difference.
- The lecture part should not take more than 25% of the time allocated for training.
- Practical exercises depend on the level of training. There are only three of them: basic and advanced courses, leadership program.
- The final stage, the so-called debriefing, should occupy about 25% of the training. It is necessary to discuss practice, to analyze the mistakes made.
Team Building Training
If you decide to conduct teambuilding trainings, it is important to remember: they are impossible without a dive stage. Without it, further work simply loses its meaning. The next part in the structure of the training is the division into teams. You can divide the participants in a predetermined way, or completely random. Work in small teams (from 6 to 13 people) will not only allow you to feel the team spirit, but will also help to unite in game rivalry. Everyone will be able to feel like part of a team, to contribute to success.
When the teams are formed, it is necessary to conduct the so-called ice-breakers: the participants within each group should get to know each other, choose a captain, come up with their own attributes.
The next stage is teamwork. During the training, participants must complete the exercises. Moreover, the level of complexity should also depend on the initial training of the team: it can vary from entertaining to deep and complex.
Be sure to conduct an analysis. This can be done between exercises, but can be left at the end of the training. Teams should take stock of their activities, pay attention to the work of rivals.
The final part in the structure of the team building training is the general exercise. This action involves the involvement of all teams and combining them into one.
Training Lead: Requirements
The success of the training and its results are affected by the supply of material by the trainer. There are a number of qualities that a good coach must have:
- emotionality, wit, a developed sense of humor, artistry;
- ability to influence the course of discussion, oratory;
- sufficient professional and life experience;
- in-depth knowledge regarding the topic of training.
It is important that the coach himself takes an interest in what he is talking about. Indeed, the openness of the audience and its willingness to perceive information depend on the emotional upsurge. In addition, feedback must certainly be present: the participants in the training always want to know which exercises were performed correctly and where they made a mistake.
Tips for improving the quality of training
If you are conducting a business training, be sure to give a demonstration, which will be attended by the best employees! Let them show how they negotiate and sell. Use the potential of the participants to the maximum. Well, of course, after completing the training, try to conduct a written or oral survey and exam.