Suede shoes have a beautiful appearance, but they require special care. If you do not follow this, then after a while the material will look messy. Can I color suede shoes? This procedure is performed, and it can be carried out at home.
Natural suede is created by tanning the skins of small animals. It is soft, thin, does not have a front layer - the material is velvet from 2 sides.
Due to its plasticity, strength, and water resistance, it is used to create clothes, shoes, and accessories. Now they are creating faux suede, from which they make shoes, boots, shoes. Such shoes require special care.
Why does material quickly lose its appeal?
Suede shoes are in demand among women and men. Not everyone knows that the material is divided not only by the quality of the dressing, but also by the season of socks. Summer shoes are usually created from thin suede, she has a short velvety pile. Winter boots have a dense texture of the material.
Depending on the type of suede dressing, special care is also carried out. Shoes spoil for various reasons. But usually this is due to improper care and maintenance not in accordance with the time of year. Suede is harmful to moisture. Even shoes quickly lose their appearance with the wrong size. This is a soft material, because of which it is very easy to deform and lose its shape.
Proper and regular care allows you to extend the life of the shoe. Dry cleaning is usually carried out using special products. How and how to color suede shoes is described in the article.
Choosing the right dyeing product
How to paint suede shoes at home? It is necessary to choose a special coloring agent. It is important to adhere to a few tips:
- Products can be selected at the shoe store. Usually there are popular shades: brown, red, gray, black. If you want to paint in a bright color, then the tool can be bought through the online store.
- It is advisable to take shoes with you and consult with the seller to choose the right tone. For a new suede, it is better to buy a paint to match the color, and for a well-worn suede - a few tones darker.
- Coloring products are selected according to the structure of the material. For large villi, a liquid or creamy product is suitable. If you need to update thin material, then use the product in spray cans.
- To create patterns, choose special acrylic paints, which are considered resistant to dirt and moisture.
These are all tips on how to dye suede shoes black or whatever. It is important to adhere to these rules in order to get a quality result.
How to color black suede shoes? Still need to pay attention to the manufacturer. The following funds are considered to be the best:
- The Salamander.
When performing an independent restoration, you should not save. Paint should be of high quality. Usually a remedy costs 800-1000 rubles. Winter boots will need more paint. It is important to calculate the appropriateness of the restoration, it is sometimes easier to purchase new shoes.
To color suede shoes with quality, you first need to do the preparatory work. It is as follows:
- Soles are thoroughly washed and scrubbed of dirt and dust. To do this, use a special brush for suede.
- It is necessary to eliminate the decor and laces.
- Then stains are removed if any. Usually, glossy stains appear on such material. If you start staining on top of them, then this will only highlight the flaws.
Traces are disposed of in the following ways:
- Warm milk (1 cup) is mixed with soda (1 tsp). In this liquid, moisten a cotton pad or cloth, wipe the stained areas, and leave to dry.
- Greasy stains are removed with a mixture of water and vinegar (3: 1). The product is applied with a cloth or cotton pad to problem areas. Vinegar must be used carefully, since the reaction of the material can be different. Therefore, first the solution is applied to a small part and the effect is monitored.
- The stain is erased with a clerical white eraser until it disappears.
You also need to prepare the room. In order not to feel discomfort from the pungent odor, it is advisable to perform the procedure on the street. In the absence of this opportunity, the floor should be covered with polyethylene or newspapers, put on old clothes and rubber gloves, prepare clean rags, sponges, brushes, brushes for suede. There should be no children in the room.
Before the procedure, smooth the villi of the material with a brush for high-quality absorption of the coloring agent into the surface. To protect the sole, it is sealed with tape. It’s necessary to remove the laces.
To paint suede shoes is the easiest way with an aerosol spray. The procedure is as follows:
- Shake the can thoroughly.
- A shoe pair is placed on a newspaper. Keep the balloon at the same distance to ensure uniform coloring.
- When the first coat is applied, the composition must dry. Shoes are best placed outdoors.
- The procedure can be performed several times until the desired shade is obtained.
If you managed to paint suede shoes at home using this method, then the surface is treated with a special compound. This is necessary for the softness of the pile.
Foam or liquid paint
The procedure is performed with a sponge, brush or brush. You can also stain suede shoes with a piece of foam, which is fixed on the tweezers, or with a toothbrush. The tool is immersed in a liquid dye, which is then applied to the jammed places. If required, you can make several layers after drying the previous one.
When the material has dried, comb the fibers and lift them, and then treat them with a special spray. Depending on the season, it can be dust or water repellent.
This is another peculiar method by which it is possible to dye suede shoes. The procedure will be performed with coffee. But it is only suitable for black or brown shoes:
- It is necessary to brew a natural drink and apply a slightly moist thick to suede. The procedure is carried out with a toothbrush. Thick should be lightly rubbed.
- After a few minutes, the residues are brushed off with a brush, after which the shoes should dry.
In front of the street, a water repellent is applied to the shoes. This completes the procedure.
If you have doubts about independent work, then where to paint suede shoes? You can order work in a workshop or dry cleaning. At a cost it will cost more, but you will not need to buy paint and waste time. In addition, the risk of damage to the product is excluded.
To extend the life of the shoe, you must properly care for it. The eraser is used to remove greasy areas on the surface of suede. Gently rub the stain and remove the crumbs that have appeared.
The crust of rye bread also helps when it is required to make the material soft and velvety. Greasy stains are removed with gasoline. The contaminated place should be wiped with a cloth treated with kerosene. After powdering the oily area with talcum powder, the shoes will have a neat appearance.
Shoes and boots made of suede should be stored in special boxes, having previously placed a couple in a fabric bag. So the material does not absorb excess moisture and dust, which will preserve the color and structure. Any care procedures should be performed only in pure form.
For such purposes, you need to use a soft rubber brush and special means. They are sold in the form of sprays, creams, silicone-based emulsions. Do not use hard sponges, since they erase the pile and a brightened spot appears in this area.
The color of the shoes becomes dull due to dust. Constantly the layer increases, the shade will be faded. After walking, the surface is treated with a foam cleaner. The material loses color from drying with a hairdryer, on batteries or near heating devices. Do not leave it in the sun. Subject to these rules, it will be possible to maintain an attractive appearance of any shoe.
To preserve color, you must use special care products:
- Water repellent spray. With it, shoes are protected from water, dirt, salt, deformation. The spray is convenient to use, but it has a pungent odor.
- Impregnation. It has the same protective functions as a spray. A fluorocarbon resin agent is used for the material, but silicate is also suitable.
- Foam cleaner. It is used for soft and gentle cleaning. Apply to shoes by spraying and remove with a sponge.
- Healing paint. Used to protect against dirt and moisture, mask scratches and defects. Refreshes and refreshes color.
- Stretcher. After application, you need to walk around shod, the skin softens and the shoes "sit" on the foot.
Even in care, a universal brush, an eraser is used. Thanks to the use of special tools, the material will look neat and fresh.
Enhanced color fastness
To refresh the color of shoes, you can not buy new paint. Only improvised means are necessary. First, the shoe pair is cleaned, dirt is removed, and drying is performed. There are several ways to enhance color:
- Fine salt is used for surface treatment.
- Dark areas are covered with talc.
Greasy stains are removed with gasoline. If you soften the contaminated area and then sprinkle with talcum powder, then the old shoes will take on a neat appearance. All of these painting methods are convenient and practical. They can be used for suede shoes of any season.