A house or a plot without a fence - like a general without an army: looks completely solid. In addition, the fence serves as a guard against stray animals and partially from unwanted guests of the human race. Today there are many materials for creating a protective structure - brick, concrete and metal products, mesh, but wood is still in great demand. Previously, supports made of the same material were used to install wooden fencing , today a wooden fence is installed on metal poles.
Features of wooden fences
A tree is always in demand, because it has a lot of undeniable advantages:
- Unique color and texture.
- Low cost in comparison with fences made of other materials.
- Excellent compatibility with the architectural style of any building.
- Ease of construction.
- Variety of options.
This list can be continued for a very long time. Of course, like any other material, wood also has drawbacks, namely, relative fragility. But this problem is currently being solved. There are many protective and antiseptic agents for wood products, the use of which will significantly extend the life of the fence.
Properties of metal products
The advantages of supporting metal products include:
- Simplicity of installation work.
- Reliability and durability of a design.
- Stability against statistical and dynamic loads.
- The ability to use any method of fixation.
The disadvantages of metal piles include the following: if a metal pipe is
used , the
price of the fence will increase significantly, but if you take into account the fact that the use of metal supports will significantly extend the life of the fence, this disadvantage is not.
Types of pipe sections
Metal posts are available in different sections:
- Square . Such products are easily mounted in sections and are distinguished by reliable connections. Parameters: height - 2.5-4.0 m, side dimensions - 6-10 cm, wall thickness - 0.2-0.4 cm.
- Round . If a metal pipe is used with a round cross-section, the price of the supports will be slightly lower, since they are cheaper than analogues of other types. Also, the use of products with a circular cross-section provides the opportunity to choose products of the desired thickness and diameter. Parameters: wall thickness - 2.5-3.5 mm, diameter - 5.7-10.8 cm, height - from 2.5 to 4.0 m.
- Rectangular Only the shape distinguishes these products from the square section, therefore all characteristics are similar.
For a wooden fence on metal poles to stand for more than a dozen years, it is necessary to protect not only the main material, but also the elements of the metal fence. To do this, cover the posts with special paint. This will protect the metal from corrosion and mechanical damage. To prevent moisture from precipitation from entering the pipes, metal caps can be put on the top end.
The use of anti-corrosion technologies will help to maintain the original quality of the material and its original form for a long time.
Before proceeding with the manufacture of fencing, it is necessary to make markings. To do this, first, where it is planned to make a wooden fence on metal poles, you need to remove shrubs, trees, other objects that may interfere. If necessary, you need to level the surface of the soil. Only now is marking up. You must do the following:
- Drive the pegs at the extreme points of the future fence.
- Pull the twine between them.
- Mark the places where the supports for the fence will be installed. In this case, it is necessary to ensure that they are located strictly on one line and at a distance of no more than 2.5-3 m. Otherwise, over time, the fence will begin to bend and lose its proper form.
Features of mounting support products in the soil
There are several ways to fix metal pipes in the soil, which allows you to choose the most suitable option.
If you build a wooden fence on metal poles with your own hands, the cheapest way is to hammer the pipes into the ground. To do this, a guide is installed inside these elements. To do the work, two people are needed: one scores, and the other scrupulously controls the verticality of the support. Alternatively, you can not plug the pipes, but dig them in, having previously prepared a well with a drill, then install the pipe and compact the earth well.
The following installation options are more time-consuming, but also more reliable:
- Concreting of metal supports.
- Mounting on a concrete base.
- Use of screw piles. For complex and heaving soils, this is an excellent solution to many installation problems.
Installation of supports
What is noteworthy, the following rules are suitable for mounting supports of different materials:
- It is necessary to deepen the supports by no less than 1/4 of the whole product. This ensures their reliable fixation in the soil. After that, so that over time the pillars do not become loose, you can first make a dusting around them, using crushed stone or brick chips, and then concrete. Further work can only be continued after the concrete has hardened.
- They begin work by installing extreme corner piles, carefully setting them in height. Subsequent columns are set at the same level as the previous one. In order to prevent any undesirable changes, it is possible to dig in the slats instead of the extreme pillars to save the height indicator, stretch a twine between them and then install the remaining supports, focusing on the desired height mark.
- How the pillars should be installed - above the future fence, lower or level - depends on the choice of the owner himself. But according to the recommendations of specialists, a wooden fence on metal poles should be installed so that the supports rise several centimeters above the picket fence.
- So that the wind could not turn the fence on rocky, sandy and non-porous soils, it is necessary to deepen the supports no less than half the height of the fence.
- Expansion of the lower end of the column will increase its strength and durability. A welded crosspiece will serve as such an extension.
- After all the poles are installed, it is possible to make small cones for draining water from the concrete solution at their base.
Mounting the picket fence
When all the supports are installed, you can weld to them fasteners, on which the transverse bars will then be fixed - runs. Alternatively, you can weld the mount earlier and only then install the posts. But then you need to make sure that all fasteners are on the same level and create a single line, the only way it will be possible to attach the runs without problems.
Depending on what material the cross bars are made of - wood or metal profile - the choice of fasteners also depends. If a wooden fence is attached to metal poles using a metal profile, then it can itself be welded to the mount, and wood products are fixed with bolts or self-tapping screws. If the transverse bars are made of wood, then they are fixed to the mount with bolts, but the fence is fixed using ordinary nails. The main thing at the same time is to ensure that there are no distortions or other irregularities. This can be done with the help of a level, and the height can be checked with the help of the same stretched twine.
The picket can be fastened either flush or with a small (or large) gap according to the chosen design. How to arrange the top of the fence? It can be anything - horizontal, at an angle, undulating. In this case, the second and third options are preferable, since due to the convex surface of the picket fence moisture will not accumulate on its surface, as a result, the fence will serve a much longer period of time.
It remains only to make and install the gate and gate. They can be made of wood, decking, pipes, forging, since any of them is perfectly combined with a wooden fence on metal poles. The cost of the whole structure will depend on the choice not only of the gate and gate material, but also of all the elements of the structure.