Probably each of us has a flash drive in our pocket. In schools, various textbooks are copied to students for it, so that at home they can transfer them to their computers and study in their free time. At work in the office, one can not do without a flash drive, it can store various important documents and photographs in electronic form. Young people often exchange music, films recorded on it. In general, this is a very necessary and convenient thing. But most of us sooner or later face such a common problem - the computer does not see the USB flash drive. What to do in such a situation? How to fix the problem? How to make the computer still see the connected flash card? We will try to find answers to these and other questions.
The computer does not see the flash drive. What to do?
First, pay attention to the indicator, which is endowed with most flash cards. If it burns or blinks, it means that it is serviceable and the problem needs to be looked for in your PC, or rather, in its software. It may happen that the indicator does not light up, which means that the USB port may be defective - try connecting the USB flash drive to another one. And if the indicator did not light up, then most likely you will have to say goodbye to all the information that was stored on it, because its recovery can result in a pretty tidy amount.
The most common malfunctions
So, your computer does not see the flash drive. What should I do if the message “ USB device is not recognized” appears on the screen ? Perhaps this is due to the fact that:
- Drivers used flash cards are outdated. To do this, you just need to update them. This is quite simple. Go to the website of the manufacturer of your flash drive and download the necessary drivers.
- Disabled USB device visibility in disk management. You will need to enable it. There are two ways to do this:
- go to the "Start" menu, then "Run ..." (or press the Win + R keys). Now type the command "diskmgmt.msc" and press the enter key "Enter";
- in the "Start" menu, click "Control Panel", then select "Administrative Tools". Next, "Computer Management" and the menu item "Disk Management". A window will open in front of you, and while it is active, try to pull out and re-insert the USB flash drive. If the device is operational, then it will accordingly disappear and appear in the list. You just need to right-click on it and "Make Partition Active".
3. There is a virus on the flash card. Yes, these malware affect the visibility of devices. In most cases, this option is suitable when the computer does not see the micro USB flash drive, because it is it that is most susceptible to virus attacks, since we usually download information from various unverified sources, for example, from a neighboring telephone. Everything is simple here. It will be enough to scan your operating system with an antivirus program. Once all malicious programs are identified and eliminated, you can easily take hold of the information contained on the usb device.
4. There is not enough power supply, as a result of which the computer does not see the flash drive. What to do? You will need to temporarily disconnect external devices that are currently connected to the PC. For example, a webcam, printer, scanner, external hard drive, or the like. If so, then the flash card will be immediately recognized by the computer. Tip: replace the existing power supply with a more powerful one in order to avoid such situations in the future.
If the computer does not see the USB flash drive, then the tips, or rather the possible problems and methods for solving them, listed above, will certainly help you in fixing the problem.