Today, owners of summer cottages are concerned not only with reliable protection against uninvited guests, but also with the aesthetic appearance of the fence. There are many materials that can be used for these purposes, and PVC fence is gaining more and more popularity.
What is PVC material?
PVC or polyvinyl chloride is a thermoplastic polymer. It is used in almost all areas, but most often in construction. The advantages of the material make it possible to produce products of increased strength, moisture resistance and good fire resistance from it. In addition, PVC does not need additional processing.
Plastic has proven itself over the years, in the West it has long been actively used by residents of country houses.
Benefits of PVC Fences
Plastic has undeniable advantages.
- Price. PVC fence has a relatively low cost compared to its counterparts.
- Easy installation. It is not necessary to have certain skills in construction. Such a fence can be easily installed independently. In addition, the fence is made in the form of sections, which provides quick docking of panels.
- Aesthetic look. Plastic PVC fences can be used as a decorative element on the site and it is beneficial to emphasize the landscape design with them. You can make gates, decorate flower beds.
- High frost resistance. This allows you to install fences in areas with a cold climate.
- Intolerance to the influence of acids, salts.
- Fire resistance.
- Durability. Plastic fences last 10-50 years.
- Impact resistance.
- Resistant to sunlight and extreme temperatures. Due to the presence of special additives in the plastic, the fence will not change its color over time.
- A light weight. PVC fence can be easily transported and transported, because it weighs little, unlike structures made of wood or iron.
- Resistance to rust and decay.
- Environmental friendliness. Plastic does not emit harmful substances, does not pollute nature, and if you want to change its color, harmful dyes are not used.
- No need to use chemicals for treatment against pests.
- Easy to care. Special care for PVC fences is not required, it is enough to periodically wipe the panels with abrasive agents.
When choosing plastic for the fence, you must be extremely careful, since there is a chance to acquire low-quality material, which will subsequently have to be changed due to unusability. Therefore, before buying it is worth analyzing the market, examining sellers, familiarizing themselves with their recommendations. But at all times, everyone turned to the help of word of mouth. Reviews of acquaintances and friends will help to make a choice.
Types of fences made of plastic
The most widely used types of fences are:
- Blank fence. It is a continuous fence of their deaf PVC boards. The main advantage is protection from prying eyes, but there is also a minus - the illumination in the area is reduced.
- Wattle. Suitable for rustic and ethnographic site styles.
- Fence Both inclined and vertical arrangement of panels can be used, with or without gaps.
- Combined. The installation of a mixed type of fences is also practiced, it can be a transparent top and a blank bottom.
Most often, it is the picket fence that is used, since its installation is characterized by reliability and simplicity.
To install fences, PVC fences, you do not need to have special knowledge, and it does not take much time.
- Designing a fence.
- The acquisition of materials.
- Marking the territory.
- Installation of vertical support posts.
- Tension of a PVC cloth.
Preparation for installation
To make a plan of the structure, it is necessary to study the territory where it will be located. If there are obstacles to the installation of the fence, they must be removed. It is also worth taking care of all the necessary tools in advance.
The design rests on supports, peaks, vertical and horizontal panels, so there is no need to fill the strip foundation.
The market offers a huge variety of PVC fences. It is not difficult to choose the necessary design for the style of the site.
To make the marking correctly, it is required to drive the pegs at a distance of 2.5 meters from each other in places for the installation of supporting poles, between which to pull the rope.
At the corner of the structure it is necessary to drive in two pegs, near each of which to mark a place for the future pit.
If a PVC fence with your own hands is installed on a slope, then you need to make markings and pull the rope parallel to the horizon.
Installation of supports
So that the fence does not squint over time, you need to make holes under the supports of the same depth, which is measured as 1/4 of the length of the support column.
The diameter of the hole can be calculated by multiplying the diameter of the column by 2.5. Depth should not be less than the level of freezing of the soil. This is approximately 0.6-0.8 m.
There is no need to install a columnar foundation, since plastic does not absorb moisture and is therefore not susceptible to decay and soaking. When installing the columns vertically in the holes, it is necessary to fix them with spacers. It is important to ensure that the posts are on the same level.
It is necessary to install PVC sections on the supports. To do this, on the posts you need to outline the places for mounting the brackets. Further, the lower railing is installed in the lower hole of the support and pushed as deep as possible. After that, the next railing is inserted and moves until it is captured by the latch.
The boards are interconnected in accordance with the design of the fence.
At the very end, the upper railing is installed in the same way as the lower one. If the PVC fence needs to be made shorter, then the length of the rails is reduced by sawing.
Next, sections are mounted depending on the model of the fence. The plastic is pulled onto the supports and fixed. If any element is damaged, it is replaced with a new one.
After all completed work, the installation of the fence is completed. It remains only to complete a few final steps.
Using special glue, it is worth fixing decorative caps on the upper parts of the posts, and wash the sections with water from dust.
An important advantage of choosing a fence made of plastic is the ability to change colors to your taste. It can be painted in absolutely any color. The most popular light shades that fit any landscape design. To find out what color PVC fences are, you can examine the photo and opt for the one you like most.
Mounting a plastic fence in your area, you not only protect it from dust from the outside, unnecessary looks, but also protect from uninvited guests, and also make the design more complete and harmonious.
Owners of sites that have installed PVC fences, reviews leave only positive about such designs. And this is not surprising, because the indisputable advantages of plastic and ease of installation distinguish it from the whole variety of building materials.