A person who has bought or built a summer house should also worry about his iron horse. He will certainly need protection from precipitation and ultraviolet radiation - this will extend the life of the machine and save you from the unnecessary costs of premature washing. In most cases, the garage in the country is irrational: it takes up precious space, is expensive and difficult to erect, and is usually empty. An ideal exit for the cottage maintenance of the car can be considered a carport made of polycarbonate. Firstly, it can be built independently. Secondly, it will cost several times cheaper. Thirdly, during idle time it can be used as an arbor. And fourthly, visually it does not burden the landscape.
Before you start laying a carport made of polycarbonate, consider its location. Under such a parking you can take the most waste piece of your site. For example, one that suffers from a constant lack of sun or is forever excessively wet. Plants will not survive here, and parking can be excellent.
Consider wall mounting. So you will be involved in a place, usually empty, but perfectly suitable for a carport made of polycarbonate. The price of the structure, usually ranging from 25 to 40 thousand rubles, will decrease significantly, since you will not have to pay for additional racks, which will be necessary if the shelter is set separately. You can save from 4 to 8 thousand rubles., Depending on the type of frame.
Consider the dimension. If you have planned a carport for one car 4 meters long, then the design should have dimensions of at least 5x2.5 m. For a minivan or SUV, the carport made of polycarbonate grows to 6.5x3.5 m.
It is worth considering the type of base for the canopy. There is a fairly wide selection.
- Wooden frame. It is assembled quickly, is inexpensive, looks aesthetically pleasing. The only negative is the natural processes of decay and biological damage. But if the wood is pretreated with the necessary preparations, then the “auto-gazebo” will last a long time.
- Metal carcass. It is assembled from channels and pipes, connected by corners. It will cost more, it’s more complicated to work, but the service life is almost endless if you periodically tint the elements.
- Prefabricated finished frames. Made from different materials, but it is better to prefer stainless steel. If the sizes fit into the allotted space - ideal for self-construction of a canopy.
- Forged frame. The most expensive both in purchase and in construction - a team will be needed for installation. But the most spectacular and “long-playing”. He is usually chosen for a carport made of polycarbonate for a country house, where residence is permanent.
For a summer residence, usually either wood or metal is cut.
DIY polycarbonate carport: carcass assembly
Regardless of the type of "skeleton" that you have chosen, the algorithm of actions remains constant.
- Clearing and leveling the designated area.
- Marking of supports under a canopy. Angles are strictly perpendicular, the number of supports depends on the project.
- Drilling wells to a depth of half a meter minimum.
- Installation of support posts with alignment of their verticality.
- Fastening racks. You can pour concrete, you can fill it with coarse construction debris and fix it with cement mortar.
- After the final setting - strapping on top of the uprights by welding, bolts or screws - depending on the material of the frame.
- Fastening of transverse elements.
The main work is completed. If the frame is metal, you will need to clean the welds, grind them and paint the entire structure.
The material in the work is quite simple. Sheets need to be cut, which is quite simply done by an ordinary grinder. Do not want to complicate yourself - make an accurate project and purchase polycarbonate cut in your sketch form.
The cutting is attached to the rafters with self-tapping screws and washers, thermal compensators or special profiles made also of polycarbonate. If you have cellular roofing material, you must leave compensation gaps - such polycarbonate "walks" at temperature fluctuations. The carport made of polycarbonate is covered (photo above) without removing the protective film from the material - it is removed after completion of work. The ends of the sheets are closed with linings or a special perforated tape to prevent dirt and moisture from entering the material.