Home-made tractor "Bison" will be a real help in carrying out agricultural work on private and farmer plots. Land owners can not always afford to purchase a factory analogue, and to make equipment with their own hands is quite real. This will save financial resources and use spare parts from idle units with benefit. The machine is a completely independent modification, capable of aggregating with various attachments. This makes it possible to significantly accelerate the process of cultivating the land, minimizing manual labor.
Next, we consider the features of the self-made tractor "Bison" and the possibility of its assembly. As experts advise, you must first study the drawings and sketch the future design on paper. This approach makes it possible to avoid unnecessary errors during work. In addition, all necessary materials, parts and tools should be prepared.
You will need:
- A set of keys and screwdrivers.
- Drill and grinder.
- Welding machine.
- Corners and pipes to create supporting structures.
- Suitable powertrain.
- Level, tape measure and other measuring devices.
How to make a homemade tractor "Bison"?
All basic assembly operations of the equipment in question can be divided into several stages:
- Assembly of the frame part. The main thing here is not to rush, to think out the most rational arrangement of the elements of this node, taking into account the expected load and other technical points. Alternatively, you can use an analogue with the K-150 model.
- The choice of power plant. In this part, the choice is quite wide, a lot depends on your capabilities and requirements. An efficient engine on such a machine will be the diesel version with water cooling.
- In the third stage, you should deal with the selection of the gearbox and the power take-off shaft. Users note that a 4x4 transfer case is best suited in this regard. To ensure the correct grip of the flywheel of the power plant, it will be necessary to finalize the assembly on the lathe. It is better to make a casing for the basket from scratch, precisely fitting it to the required dimensions.
- Mounting a bridge usually does not cause any particular problems. The main thing is to choose the part in compliance with the dimensions.
- At the finish stage, it remains to install the wheels, adjust the shock absorption, for example, using pneumatic tires. In addition, it is necessary to equip the self-made Bizon tractor with controls. As a rule, they are picked up from other agricultural machines.
The agricultural machine in question objectively has a number of advantages, namely:
- Small overall dimensions.
- Good performance indicator.
- Possibility of mounting a PTO.
- Easy to manage and maintain.
- High maintainability.
Predominantly reliable and reliable components are used for assembly, as a result of which multifunctional agricultural equipment with a capacity of up to 240 horsepower is obtained.
Homemade tractor "Bison", the photo of which is shown below, was liked by many users. They do not even think about replacing it with an expensive factory analogue. And this is not surprising: if spare parts for the car in question can be found at any disassembly, then repairing factory tractors often costs almost the sum of their initial cost. Another huge plus of the described unit is its quick payback.
Home-made tractor "Bison" with the engine YaMZ-236
Consider the approximate characteristics of the equipment:
- Motor - diesel 12-valve power unit (four cycles, six cylinders).
- Overall dimensions of the engine - 1.8 / 1.06 / 1.19 m.
- Power - from 150 to 250 horsepower.
- Frame - from the T-150K model.
- Transmission - YaMZ-236P (mechanics for 5 ranges).
- Front / rear axle - MAZ / T-150K.
- Tires - K-701 / T-150K.
- Cabin - from YuMZ-6.
More about the powertrain
Since the YaMZ-246 diesel engine has a wide range of applications and is most often used for mounting on a Bison home-made tractor, we will consider its parameters in more depth.
Six cylinders of the diesel power unit are placed in two rows, at right angles. The cylinders have a V-shaped arrangement, which reduces the length and weight of the motor. A feature of motors of this category is the rational placement of all nodes, combined with the simplicity of the design. Moreover, all elements are available for operation and repair.
In the front part of the power plant there is a fuel filter, a pneumatic brake system with a compressor, an electric generator. Details are fixed on the top cover of the unit. The elements are put into operation using a belt pulley from the fan shaft. In addition, there is a water pump and a hydraulic power steering in front. They start directly from the power plant crankshaft pulley. On the left side, at the end of the cylinder block, a crude and centrifugal oil cleaning system is provided. An oil pump located on the front main bearing cover also functions from the crankshaft gear.
Home-made mini-tractor "Bison" is a real opportunity for gardeners and farmers to acquire their own equipment inexpensively. The vehicle will greatly facilitate field work, while it does not require special investments and expensive maintenance. The effectiveness and efficiency of the unit under consideration is additionally proved by positive user reviews.