Many users are familiar with the Mozilla Firefox browser as one of the oldest, safest and most popular navigators on the world wide web. The basic functionality of Mazily is not cluttered with anything superfluous, it includes only the most necessary and basic (compiling lists, synchronizing data, creating folders, breaking down tags, setting up search and notification systems , etc.). Installing additional extensions makes it possible to customize the browser based on your own preferences.
In the process of using the browser, many have questions about why Mazil slows down, what to do in this case. There are several ways to speed up his work.
Disabling unused plugins
Viewing various kinds of content right in the browser window is possible using plugins. Many of them are rarely used. Disabling them will significantly increase the speed of the browser and solve the problem of why Mazil slows down. To do this, you need:
- In the top menu, select the "Tools" section.
- Open the "Add-ons" manager.
- In the explorer located on the side, switch to the "Plugins" tab.
- View a list of all installed plugins.
- Opposite the plug-in to be disabled, in the pop-up menu select the option “Never enable” (it will change the status to “Disabled”).
If desired, any plugin can be reactivated. To do this, just change the option “Never turn it on” to “Always turn on” or “Turn on upon request” in the pop-up menu.
Removing custom plugins
Mozilla Firefox has no built-in tools to get rid of unnecessary plugins. However, this can be done through the control panel of the Windows operating system.
This will require:
- Through the "Start" button, open the main menu of the computer.
- Go to the "Control Panel" section.
- Find the subsection "Programs".
- Click on the “Uninstall a program” link.
- Find the required plugin in the list and select it with the mouse.
- In the upper menu, actions that can be performed with the program will become available.
- Select "Delete".
- The utility and all its components will be erased from the computer and, accordingly, from the browser.
Some plugins have their own software that allows them to be removed if they are the reason that Mozilla is terribly slow.
Disabling installed extensions
There are many different extensions for Mozilla Firefox, the installation of which can significantly increase the functionality of the browser (ad blocking, downloading videos and music, access services to social networks, etc.). But do not forget that the increase in functionality due to installed extensions leads to the fact that Mazil slows down. What to do in this case? You must disable them. To do this, you need:
- In the "Add-ons" manager of the "Tools" section, open the "Extensions" tab.
- Select in turn all the elements that should be disabled.
- Opposite each extension, click on the “Disable” button.
- To complete the changes, you need to restart the browser.
Mozilla Firefox slows down? Speeding up the browser by clearing the cache
Sometimes, to increase the operating parameters of the browser, it is enough to clear the cache memory.
The following actions will be required:
- In the "Tools" section, go to the "Settings" subsection.
- Click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Click on the link “Delete your recent history”.
- In the window that opens, check the box next to the "Cache" item.
- Click on the “Delete Now” button.
Clear all browser history
Users often have a question about why the Mazila browser slows down. You can improve the performance of the navigator as follows: by deleting the entire browser history. To do this, perform a series of actions:
- In the panel located at the top of the browser window, go to the "History" section.
- Mark the item “Delete recent history” (a new window will open).
- In the pop-up menu of the “Delete” line, select the “All” item.
- Click on the “Delete Now” button.
Change startup settings by creating a Prefetch folder
Changing the appropriate launch settings will significantly increase the speed of Mozilla Firefox, and the question of why the browser slows down will disappear by itself. To do this, follow these steps:
- Find the shortcut "Mazil" on the computer desktop.
- Right-click on it to open the context menu.
- Select "Properties".
- In a new window, switch to the "Shortcut" tab.
- In the line “Object” at the end of the specified address, add the word “prefetch” after quotation marks.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
At the next launch of the browser, all information about this will be automatically sent by the system to the “Prefetch” folder. "Mazil" slows down? What to do, we reviewed above.
Faster browser minimization and opening options
If the previous options did not help, and Mazil still works slowly, you can try the following method:
- Launch a browser.
- Enter the following query in the address bar: about: config. Press the Enter key.
- A warning window will appear in which you should click on the button "I promise that I will be careful."
- A list of all browser settings opens.
- Right-click on an empty spot.
- In the context menu that appears, select the "Create" item, the sub-item "Logical".
- In the new window, in the line "Enter the name of the setting" specify the following parameter: config.trim_on_minimize.
- Confirm your actions by clicking the "OK" button.
- In the next window, select the value “false” and click on “OK”.
- Close the browser and confirm the changes by rebooting the computer.
After performing these simple steps, the question of why the Mozilla Firefox browser slows down will no longer bother.
Create a new profile
In the case of a long Mazil load, creating a new profile with the -p switch will help speed it up. This will require:
- Right-click on the browser shortcut on the desktop.
- In the pop-up function menu, go to the "Properties" section.
- In the “Shortcut” tab, find the line “Object”.
- Change the address in it, appending the value “-p” at the end (without quotes).
- As a result of the change, the line will look like this: C: \ Program Files \ Mozilla Firefox.exe -p
- Click the OK button.
Now you can start creating a new profile:
- Launch the browser by clicking on the corresponding shortcut.
- The "Select User Profile" window opens.
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Follow the prompts of the Create Profile Wizard.
After the process is completed, the old profile can be erased, as can the “-p” key in the settings.
Change Windows registry settings
In search of an answer to the question of why Yandex slows down in Mazil and not only, one can come across such a method as changing registry settings, namely deleting one of its branches. To do this, you must:
- In the Run dialog box, specify the regedit command to start the registry.
- Using Explorer, find the MozillaPlugins branch along this path: [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE].
- Clear the registry key using the “Delete” functions in the context menu.
After that, you will need to follow these steps:
- Create a text document using Notepad.
- Rename it.
- In the name after the dot, write the value "cmd" (without quotes).
- In the document, type the text [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ MozillaPlugins] [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Wow6432Node \ MozillaPlugins].
- Save changes.
- Run the file.
- Open any site with videos or animations in Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Confirm the request to install the desired plugin.
Why is Mazil slowed down? How to speed it up using third-party utilities?
To speed up the launch of the browser and optimize its memory, SpeedyFox and Firetune are enough. Here is what you need:
- Download utilities and install them on your computer.
- Close the Mazilu.
- Run the program SpeedyFox.
- Click on the “Speed Up My Firefox” button.
- The utility will independently make changes to the browser settings.
- After the process is complete, open the Firetune program.
- Select “Quick Computer / Quick Connection”.
- Click on the “Configure” button.
- After completing the settings, restart the computer.
The question of why Mazil slows down is no longer relevant.
A few more options
Changing some parameters on the browser configuration page will help speed up its work. This will require:
- In the address bar write without quotes “about: config” and press the “Enter” key.
- From the available list of settings, select the parameters, the change of which will reduce memory costs.
- Set the parameter “browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer” to “0” (the default is “5”), to “browser.sessionhistory.max_entries” set the value to “10” (the default is “50”), to “browser.sessionstore.internal "- the value is" 20,000 "(the default is" 10,000 ").
- Change the group of settings for page loading speed.
- In the line "network.prefetch-next" set the value to "False".
- In the items "network.http.popelining" and "network.http.proxy.popelining" - the value "True".
- Set "network.http.popelining.maxrequests" to "5".
- After making all the changes, restart the computer. The question of why Mazil is slowing down will no longer arise.
The Mozilla Firefox browser, as a sufficiently functional navigator, is easy to manage and easy to use, which many have liked. Often with prolonged use, the Mazila launch speed can slow down dramatically. In this case, each user wants to know why the browser slows down and what to do to make it work faster.
There are a lot of ways to optimize the work of Firefox (disabling, removing plugins and extensions, changing the settings of the configuration page, using software, making changes to the registry of the operating system, etc.). Choosing the right option depends on the user's skill level, installed add-ons, plug-ins and browser settings.