Hydroarrow, the principle of which is based on the protection of boiler heat exchangers, protects them from thermal shock. Moreover, the basis of the system is cast iron. Often, such situations arise during the initial start-up of the boiler device or during technical work, when it is necessary to disconnect the circulation pump from hot water. In addition, the use of a hydraulic separator helps to maintain the integrity of the heating system in the event of a disconnection of the flow of hot water in automatic mode.
The cross-section hydrolock is not difficult. Of course, there are more sophisticated modifications equipped with filters. Perhaps in the future an even more complex design will be invented, but so far the hydroarrow is a unified device.
According to the principle of operation, round hydraulic separators do not differ from profile ones, which have a rectangular shape. The profile hydraulic arrow, the principle of which is to reduce the location in space and increase the capacity, has a more attractive appearance. From a hydraulic point of view, a round-shaped arrow is more suitable.
Appointment of the device
Hydroarrow, the principle of operation of which will be described in this article, is needed to equalize the pressure level in the boiler system at different flow rates in the main circuit and the sum of the indicators of the secondary thermal circuits. The device regulates the functioning of heating systems with many circuits (radiator, water heater, underfloor heating). Subject to the proper rules in hydrodynamics, the device will ensure the absence of negative interaction of the circuits and will enable continuous operation in the established mode.
The hydraulic separator plays the role of a settler and eliminates mechanical formations (scale, corrosion) from the coolant, subject to hydromechanical standards. This function has a very positive effect on the duration of the moving parts of the heating system.
The device removes air from the coolant, which reduces the oxidation process in the elements of the metal.
In systems of standard design, which implies the presence of only one circuit, disconnecting a number of branches leads to very low consumption in the boiler. As a result, the temperature of the cooled heat carrier rises significantly.
The hydraulic separator ensures the maintenance of a stable heat consumption, which compares the temperature indicators at the supply and return pipes.
What processes take place in the hydrostring
- To understand the purpose of installing this device in the heating system, you need to find out what processes occur with water during the passage through the cavity of the hydraulic gun. It is necessary to understand the basic parameters of two or more loop heating systems of autonomous use.
- After all installation work is completed, the joints in the pipes will be welded. The heating system is filled with cold water. As a rule, the temperature indicator is 5-15 ° C.
- When the automation turns on the main circuit pump for circulation and the burner is ignited, the secondary circuit pumps do not work, and the coolant moves only along the primary circuit. Thus, the flow rushes downward.
- After the coolant reaches the desired temperature, the same selection is made by the secondary circuit of the water flow. With equal water flows of the main and secondary circuits, the hydraulic separator acts as an air vent. It filters out dirt and fuel oil. Thus, the process of heating and heating of hot water. It should be noted that achieving an absolutely equal indicator of water flows in all circuits is an impossible task.
- By means of automation, the flow rate in the secondary circuit is regulated when the water reaches the desired temperature and the hot water pump shuts down. If the thermal heads of the radiators cover the flow due to overheating of the room on the sunny side, then the hydraulic resistance in this circuit of the heating system increases. In this case, an automated pump is connected, which reduces the productivity and flow of water in the secondary circuits. Through the flow along the main and secondary contour, the upward movement of the hydro-arrow begins. If the heating system is not equipped with a hydraulic spreader, then due to significant distortion in the hydraulic system, at least the pumps responsible for circulation would cease to function.
- When the automation of the boiler device stops the operation of the pump of the main heating circuit, the flow of coolant in the hydraulic arrow rises to the top. But this situation is very rare.
How to make a hydropower yourself
Many people are interested in how to make a do-it-yourself hydro-gun? To make this device, you will need skills in the field of welding. It should be noted that installing a home-made system will also cost a lot.
To make such a device as a hydraulic arrow, with your own hands, it will take overhangs, taps, manometers, a rectangular pipe, a grinder, a hammer and a welding machine with electrodes up to 3 mm.
The holes in the collector should be burned with an electrode according to the marking. On welding runs, a chamfer of 1 mm must be made. Welding is carried out round with a leg index of 3-4 mm. Next, manifold pipes are marked. The heating circuit with a hydraulic arrow in this case assumes the presence of three circuits.
In the contour pipe on the "cold" side, two holes should be burned along the edges and three under the connecting runs (two in one direction and one in the other). On the “hot” side, one hole in the middle and three holes for the connecting overhangs are burned. Through holes should be located on the same axis with the outlet holes on the "hot" pipe. Two exhaust pipes will be welded into them, and exhaust exhaust will be the third. On the “cold” side, there will be two openings for connecting the overhangs and one designed for a pipe that passes through a hot pipe in the middle of the assembly. Holes for pressure gauges burn after pre-assembly.
The final step in the manufacture of such a device as a water gun, do-it-yourself is to test the system under water pressure.
It can be done by brushing the seams with soap. A pressure of at least 2 atmospheres should be applied. It can be submitted in any way and at any point (for example, a fitting for a drain cock). Seams can not be coated, if there is the possibility of controlling the pressure drop. If it falls, then soaping will be needed.
Do-it-yourself prolipropylene water gun
At present, the installation of such a device as a hydraulic arrow with its own hands from polypropylene is quite real.
The main circuit leaves the boiler. Secondary is the decoupling system in the heating system. It is very uneconomical to accelerate the main circuit of the boiler more than is provided by the device manufacturer. The hydraulic resistance increases, which increases the load on the coolant and does not provide the required flow rate.
A do-it-yourself polypropylene hydro-shooter with a minimum flow rate of any coolant can create a greater flow rate thanks to the second artificial circuit.
If a radiator heating system and hot water supply are installed in the house, it is recommended that the boiler be divided into separate circuits made of their polypropylene. So they will not affect each other.
Do-it-yourself hydropusher made of polypropylene has great functionality. It acts as a link between two separate circuits that transport heat. In the absence of hydraulic and dynamic influence of the circuits on each other, the flow rate and speed of the coolant and separator do not pass from circuit to circuit.
Why is the coolant temperature after the hydraulic separator lower than at the outlet
This phenomenon can be explained by different levels of circuit consumption. High temperature gets into the hydraulic arrow, which is mixed with a coolant. The rate of consumption of the latter is higher than the consumption of hot.
Why does the sprinkler need vertical speed?
A device such as a water gun has a working principle. built on a vertical orientation. There is an explanation for this.
- The main reason that the vertical speed is low is the presence of rust and sand in the pipes. These neoplasms settle on the separator. They need to be allowed to settle.
- Low speed makes it possible to create natural convection of the coolant in the hydraulic separator. The cold stream goes down, and the hot rises up. The result is the desired temperature head.
- The low speed makes it possible to reduce the hydraulic resistance in the hydraulic arm. It has a zero indicator, but if you discard the first two reasons, then the hydraulic separator can be used as a mixing unit. In other words, the diameter of the arrow decreases and its vertical speed increases. This makes it possible to save materials. A water gun can be used when there is no need for a temperature gradient, and only a heating circuit is required.
- Low speed removes small air bubbles from the coolant.
Can the hydraulic distributor be installed at an angle of 90 degrees to the horizontal
The device can be installed at this angle. It is possible to place the hydraulic arm in an arbitrary position. If it is necessary to dispose of mechanical waste, to remove the air flow in automatic mode, or to separate the circuit in accordance with the temperature indicator, the device should be installed as originally provided.
Does the volume of the arrow play a role
Of course he does. The optimal volume indicator for equalizing temperature differences is 100-300 liters. An indicator of such a volume is especially relevant if the boiler operates on warm fuel.
How to choose a hydraulic arm
The arrow has two main indicators:
- power (you need to summarize the power indicators of heat and all circuits);
- total volume of pumped coolant.
It is these data that determine the performance of such a device as a hydraulic arrow, the calculation of the power of which is verified with the data of the technical passport when buying.
How to set the hydraulic arrow
As a rule, the hydraulic separator is placed in an upright position. But the device can be located horizontally at any angle. The direction of the end pipes should be taken into account, since this is necessary for the proper functioning of the air vent and the accumulation of sediment that must be removed from the system.