Cleanliness and comfort of the house is the key to a good mood. The health of those living in it depends on how often they clean the house, as well-groomed areas are a favorable environment for the development of pathogenic bacteria. We scrub, clean, wipe - housewives are well aware of these household chores. Of particular difficulty is the washing of glass, polished and mirror surfaces.
Not every host knows how to wash a mirror without streaks. And to accomplish this task, sometimes in vain, they spend a lot of nerves and efforts. To wash a mirror without streaks to a perfect shine does not work the first time. The result is a spoiled mood, repetition of boring work and lost time.
How to wash a mirror without streaks
Known for a very simple and cheap and accessible to everyone method, which uses water, soft rags and tissue paper (usually a toilet or newspaper). The procedure is as follows:
- a cloth moistened with water is washed off the dirt;
- in circular motions with the help of paper crumpled into a lump, the glass is rubbed dry, only in this way can the complete disappearance of stains be ensured.
The disadvantages of this method are the complexity (polishing takes a long time and carefully) and the presence of toxic substances in printing ink.
Using improvised tools
Than to wash a mirror without streaks at home - good housewives know this . There are a lot of folk remedies:
- water and table vinegar (1: 1 ratio);
- tooth powder and ammonia;
- vinegar and tooth powder.
In the first case, the mirror is cleaned as described above. With water, in which vinegar is mixed in, you need to wash the mirror, removing excess dirt, and then scrub it with paper until a characteristic shine is obtained.
The second option is also quite simple. In equal proportions, it is necessary to mix tooth powder and ammonia to obtain gruel. Rub the resulting mixture with a rag, gently pushing with a rag to places with especially strong dirt and leave it in this state for a while, for example, for 15 or 20 minutes. While the dirt is acidifying, you can rest or have a cup of tea. Then you need to rinse all this with water at room temperature and lightly polish the surface with a napkin. Tooth powder can be replaced with toothpaste or crushed chalk. Using baking soda is not recommended in order to avoid clouding of the glass.
Similarly, cleaning is done with vinegar and tooth powder or chalk. On a glass of warm water, you need to take a spoonful of vinegar (nine percent) and a spoonful of chalk or tooth powder. The mixture must be insisted, drain excess water. Apply the resulting slurry to the area of the mirror, clean the impurities in a circular motion and rinse off with cool water at the end of this action.
There is another folk remedy, which includes milk, table salt, blue and ammonia. Glass is wiped with this mixture, washed off and polished.
Use of natural ingredients
How can I wash a mirror without streaks using natural products? After all, such washing causes minimal harm to the environment. Alternatively, you can use tea green tea leaves. There is a double benefit from this method:
- Environmental friendliness.
- Cheapness and the possibility of using waste to be disposed of.
The use of starch or potatoes is another opportunity to use natural ingredients. To prepare the composition, a tablespoon of starch and a tablespoon of water are taken, the resulting mash is applied to the glass in the same way as the previous options and washed off after 20 minutes.
Starch can be replaced with potatoes.
To do this, take half the tuber, rub it with a surface, and then rinse with warm water and wipe it dry with a soft cloth or suede cloth.
How to wash a mirror without streaks, if it has traces of flies
It is very difficult to clean the marks of flies or other insects. How to wash glass and mirrors without stains, if these unpleasant neighbors appeared in the house, especially with the onset of summer? An ordinary onion easily copes with this task. It is necessary to take half of the onion and, similarly to the version with potatoes, rub it vigorously into a mirror or window surface.
Onion juice instantly removes fly spots and prevents the further emergence of insects.
Modern women are business people or workers in the manufacturing sector, so there is not much time left for cleaning an apartment or a house. Imagine what a working hostess feels like: there are always few opportunities for such matters in terms of employment. How to quickly wash a mirror without streaks? This problem is serious enough for a business woman. Here you have to resort to the help of household chemicals, which in the modern world is a saving straw that facilitates domestic work. You can resort to the commonplace use of dishwashing detergent. It must also be applied to the surface and, having stood for some time, rinse off quickly. With the help of a good preparation, dirt is removed instantly and there are practically no stains left. To make it more convenient, the chemical is poured into a spray bottle and sprayed. It turns out very quickly.
There are also special tools for cleaning glass. Well-known cleaners such as "Second", "Shine", "Mr. Muscle" and others. Effective removal of dirt without streaks is achieved due to the content of ammonia and isopropyl alcohol in the composition. When using it is necessary to observe safety measures. To avoid unpleasant consequences in the form of chemical vapor poisoning, the room where the mirror hangs should be well ventilated. A car window cleaner may also work.
For convenience, manufacturers came up with napkins for cleaning mirrors with special impregnation. There are options for cleaning computer monitors, television equipment and optics. The composition with which these helpers are saturated helps to rid the surface of unnecessary stains, and also contains an antistatic agent. The presence of the latter reduces the accumulation of dust on the surface and allows less general cleaning in the house.
Interesting use of old things
By the way, such an option as the use of unnecessary kapron tights, which have lost relevance in connection with the arrows that appear, is another effective method of waste-free technologies. They enhance shine and help quickly and efficiently wash the mirror without streaks.
To summarize how to properly clean a mirror without streaks, you can make the following step-by-step algorithm. And the use of various means, both improvised and special, comes down to one chain of actions that must be performed sequentially:
- The first step is to clean up any contaminants that have been listed. The more aggressive the composition, the faster cleansing will occur. Sometimes it’s worth setting the priorities right. What is more important: speed or safety? Natural and improvised products are cleaner from an environmental point of view.
- The second step is the washing off of a chemical or a composition made by hand. Using cold water leads to a better result. To facilitate the work of removing stains will help a special brush with a rubber drive for washing glass. Rubber drives moisture down, the surface is clean and without streaks. The use of such tools speeds up the cleaning process several times.
- The third step is polishing. It is needed in order to give the mirror the necessary shine. Microfiber wipes will help in this process. But newspaper or toilet paper is also suitable. A distinctive property of paper is that it practically does not leave dust and fabric fibers on the glass. In addition, its availability and low cost allows you to wash windows and mirrors in the house with minimal material costs. Two - three newspapers - and the mirror shines like new. A good result is also obtained using suede.
The reasons for the appearance of stains when washing
So, the mirror is washed and dried. But upon careful examination, it is found that its purity and brilliance are far from ideal: there are murky stains and smudges, the appearance leaves much to be desired. Likely reasons:
- Before washing, there was dirt or dust on the glass. If possible, it should be removed before using water by brushing it with a soft brush or a rag, and clean the droplets of fat with an absorbent cloth.
- The remnants of the detergent were not washed off, for example, washing powder remained on the glass, which is difficult to remove. To wash it, you need a large amount of water.
- Water contains impurities that leave cloudy smudges when dried.
To remove the stains, wipe the glass with a damp cloth and wipe it dry with toilet paper or absorbent cloth.