The purpose of the stove motor is to increase the efficiency of heating and air circulation in the cabin. The quality of heating is significantly reduced when it breaks down. There is also the possibility of an extraneous noise that annoys the driver and distracts attention. The way out of the situation is to replace or repair, and since removing the stove motor is not difficult, you can not go to a car service and do all the work yourself.
What to look for
The search for the cause is the first stage of work. You need to start the car and listen to the sounds that appear when you switch the device to various speed modes. If the stove motor does not work, then it is easy to determine by the absence of sounds and any actions after switching on. The resistor in the switch can also be the cause, and the fan starts only at the third speed.
There are several other malfunctions that cause a heating device to fail:
- Poor connection in the mounting block. This problem is found in many cars, regardless of the country of production, but it has an easy solution in the form of a broach contact or stripping a group of contacts.
- Fuse breakage. The integrity of the power supply may be impaired, and a short circuit causes a malfunction of the entire structure. At the same time, it is worth remembering that the heated mirrors and the glove compartment lighting can be powered by the same fusible insert as the fan. Accordingly, verification of other elements is also required.
- The inclusion of airflow only in the third mode of operation. Having understood the design, it is easy to understand the cause of the failure. At the first two speeds, additional resistance is connected. Direct inclusion is carried out in the third position. That is, if you replace the resistor, the problem will be solved.
- The ignition relay may stick in some cases. The motor of the stove at the same time begins to work only after the engine is completely warm. If such a property is noted, it is worth checking the monitoring device for a malfunction and replacing it with a new one if necessary.
- Fan malfunction. If he does not respond to the inclusion, and the voltage from the switch continues to flow, we can talk about poor connection on the "minus".
The switch itself often leads to problems. Using a standard light bulb with soldered wiring, you can check this device. In order to provide free access to it, the main part of the console is turned off. When the engine is on, one wire is put on the “minus”, the other touches all speeds individually. When the lamp is activated on each element, there is no doubt in the operability of the switch. In the absence of reaction, the wire is put on the "plus". The lamp should light up, and if this does not happen, the fuse may break, or the stove motor has an open circuit.
How the system works
It is necessary to first understand the principle of the system. The temperature is set to the desired level when closing and opening the tap of the heating element. At the same time, a heat source enters the radiator - a heated coolant, the temperature of which when the engine is hot reaches 95 degrees.
The speed of operation is set by switching the speed mode. This has a direct effect on the volume of cold or heated air entering the passenger compartment. After the air supply is varied by panel dampers, they also regulate the direction, for example, to the interior or to the windshield.
Replacing the stove motor
If the fan does not work or the occurrence of noise and squeaking is noted, you need to change it. To begin with, a tool is prepared: a ratchet handle, a cross-shaped screwdriver and a head.
The screws used to secure the plastic trim next to the windshield, which is subsequently removed, are loosened. It will interfere with work, as well as the hood seal.
The protective cover is removed, which hides the motor of the stove, and the bolts securing it to the machine body are unscrewed.
From the driver’s side in the cabin, you need to find the fan wire with a positive value and move it away. Next to it is a negative wire, the fastening of which is removed using a suitable size head or a ratchet handle. There are no other options for relieving stress, since the device has a direct method of soldering wiring. Before changing the stove motor, it should be twisted to simplify the process. If you have the knowledge and time, it can be repaired. In another case, a new device is mounted, and all elements are returned in the reverse order of the specified.
Stove motor: repair
To begin with, it is worth checking to see if there are any foreign objects in the duct, as they can contribute to noise when it comes into contact with the impeller. If they are missing, you will have to disassemble the electric motor. The disassembly process has a similar principle for different types of devices.
It is necessary to pull out the anchor, for this access to the brush assembly is provided by removing the fan cover. The bushings located on the cover and housing are cleaned and lubricated.
The bearings are thoroughly washed in kerosene, anthers made of rubber are previously removed from them and lubricated with lithol. Such an algorithm often allows bearings to return to serviceability.
If necessary, they can be replaced with new ones. In this case, before removal on the shaft seats are marked. To remove, you can use a screwdriver or core, but the best option is a specialized puller.
Pressing in the new element is carried out with a hammer or wood block, while it is advisable to apply engine oil to the stem.
It is advisable to clean the collector of possible oxidative phenomena before assembling the stove motor. Due to this, the conductivity with brushes will improve. Lubricating the fan with lithol will make mounting in a plastic cup easier.