Of course, parenthood is happiness. But behind it is a huge amount of work, experience and experience. To raise a worthy person, you need to go through many trials and mistakes. Psychological and pedagogical advice to parents will help to raise a child with pleasure and without difficulties.
Favorable atmosphere is the key
Tips for parents on proper parenting begin with the need to create a favorable and healthy atmosphere in the family. Here is what is meant:
- Wake up the baby correctly. Do it with a smile, in a playful way, and not by force. It is important that the day of the baby begins with a positive.
- Take an interest in each other. Parents should always ask their child and each other questions about how the day went, how they slept, what excites them.
- Rejoice at each other's successes. Make it a rule to celebrate even the smallest pleasant events. And it is better not to go in cycles on failures and not to talk about them.
- Learn to listen to each other. If a child is passionate about something and wants to share his impressions with you, do not interrupt him.
- Create an atmosphere of love. There should not be any screams, rudeness and disputes in the family.
Tips for Preschool Parents
The character of the child begins to form from the first years of life. It is important to lay at an early age to lay positive character traits in the baby. This will help tips for parents of preschoolers:
- Do not succumb to provocations. Often, children respond to comments with screams, cries and hysteria. Parents often give up in front of such resistance. As a result, they lose credibility in the eyes of the baby and the manipulations are repeated.
- Do not be afraid to punish the child. A child from an early age should understand what punishment is for wrongdoing. Of course, within reasonable limits.
- Learn to say no. The child must understand that not everything is allowed to him. Otherwise, you may lose control of it at an older age.
- Teach your kid independence. By the time he goes to school, he must learn to perform basic personal care activities.
- Teach your child to value moral aspects above material ones. If a baby is given a gift, he should be happy with the fact itself, and not evaluate the external parameters of the new toy.
Features of education of schoolchildren
Sometimes useful and practical advice to parents. Parenting is a delicate moment. Here are the rules to follow in this aspect:
- Do not do his work for the child. Many parents, sparing children, do homework for them. But in this they only harm their children. Allowed only to help and guide the child.
- Do not belittle the authority of the school in the eyes of the child. If you are unhappy with the institution itself or with any particular teacher, never talk about it in the presence of the student. Stop such conversations from the side of the child.
- Never compare a child with his classmates. Rejoice at every achievement, even if it is small.
- Accompany and meet the child in a calm and joyful atmosphere. In the classroom, the student should think about learning, not about home problems.
How to raise a child in love
Almost all the advice to parents on education comes down to the fact that the child needs to be raised in love. Here are some tricks to make this happen:
- Write notes. Modern technologies in the form of telephone communications and e-mail have made communication less emotional. Let the child find in their closet or briefcase a note from their parents about how they love him.
- Make family meals a rule. Get together for dinner, lunch or breakfast. This should be your family’s inviolable rule.
- Joint weekend. The end of the work week is the time when the family gets together. It is important that weekend planning also be collaborative.
- Pay attention to the child. Modern parents are swallowed by smartphones and social networks. Do not neglect communication with children for such trifles.
How to raise a child smart
Parents must put in the child such qualities that he grew up successful. Intelligence is the main component of the future. To raise a child smart, such advice of a psychologist to parents will help:
- Teach your child to talk. Constantly tell him something, and also ask questions, causing a conversation.
- Give your child a love of books. Begin to read him tales and fascinating stories from the first months of his life (it does not matter that he still does not understand the words).
- Choose the right toys. They should be aimed at the development of the child, and not just at killing free time.
- Teach your child to listen to music. From birth, instill in him a love of the classics.
- Show on your example. If you spend time with a book or creativity, the child will reach for you. And if the baby sees that mom and dad are spending time in front of the TV and at the computer, do not be surprised that he will behave similarly.
- Take care of the full sleep of the child. This is a prerequisite for the baby to well absorb new information.
- Develop perseverance. Do not allow the baby to leave unfinished business halfway.
- Engage technology. A modern child cannot be completely removed from television, smartphones and computers. Therefore, make sure that he spends time on educational films and educational programs.
Adolescent Education Tips
Adolescence is perhaps the most difficult period. At times, children become uncontrollable and can turn off the right path. Advice for parents of teens is as follows:
- Show a positive example. Surely the teenager is already looking at the opposite sex. Your task is to demonstrate the correct model of relationships in the family.
- Become a friend to your child. It is important that the child does not become isolated, but tells you about all his problems and experiences.
- Do not make the child ashamed. Pay attention to how you look and how you behave. Your child should be proud of you, and not be shy about you.
- Do not avoid naughty topics. As soon as you notice that a teenager is interested in the opposite sex, talk with him about the consequences of early sex life and methods of contraception. If you are shy about speaking, discreetly put special literature into the room.
- Do not protect the teenager from family problems. He should take part in their decision, and not live in a carefree world of illusions.
Tips for parents: a universal memo
Parenting is a painstaking work that can be compared with art. Nevertheless, being a wise parent, this can be dealt with without difficulty. A universal memo will help you find a common language with both a baby and a teenager:
- Love your child for who he is. Do not try to redraw it to your ideals and do not compare with other children.
- Treat your child with respect. Only in this way can one achieve a similar attitude towards oneself.
- Be on equal footing. This applies not only to the moral, but also to the physical aspect. When talking with your child, sit down so that your eyes are on the same level.
- Do not neglect tactile contact. Hug and pat the baby on the head as often as possible. But not in those moments when he protests against tenderness.
- Take help. If the baby wants to do something with you, do not reject it. Even if he still does not know how to perform some actions, value and develop it in him.
- Praise. For any little thing, encourage the child. This will be an incentive for him to develop further.
- Share your experience. What seems a trifle to you is new to the child and very exciting. Therefore, try to tell him more often about how you lived these or those moments.
- Do not scold the child in public. Express all complaints and comments in private.
- Do not separate the children. If a second child has appeared in your family, the older one should not suffer from this. He should not be deprived of attention and, moreover, should not babysit the younger one to the detriment of the usual children's games and educational process.
- Learn to ask for forgiveness. If you voluntarily or involuntarily offended a child, be sure to apologize.
Basic taboos in education
In order to properly raise a child, it is not always necessary to remember complex codes of rules. Sometimes advice to parents can be reduced to a short list of prohibitions:
- You can’t hide love. The child must see and feel your attitude.
- Love must not be confused with permissiveness. The child should know that there is a framework of behavior and the boundaries of what is permitted.
- You can’t order. Only the language of requests and explanations can communicate with the child.
- Do not give in to a bad mood. If you are not in good spirits, it is better to postpone educational activities until the moment when you come to a balance.
- It is impossible to control. It is only necessary to instruct and guide the child, giving him a certain independence.
- Do not complete tasks for a child. Prompt, help, but do not show the solution itself.
The most successful parenting techniques
Considering the advice of psychologists to parents, we can distinguish several of the most successful educational methods that are respected throughout the world. Here are the main ones:
- Parenting from the cradle (Glen Doman). It is based on the theory that until the age of seven the possibilities of the child’s body and brain are almost endless. It is during this period that the foundations of future development must be laid.
- Education every minute (Leonid Bereslavsky). From a year and a half, you need to begin to engage closely with the child, in accordance with one or another sensitive period.
- Natural education (Jean Ledloff). The bottom line is to be constantly with the child and educate him by setting an example. In this case, you can not grimace and hoot, as they usually do.
- Healthy and smart children (Nikitins). The essence of the technique is that you need not to force the child, but to interest him. So, if you want to teach a child to count, surround him with colorful visual materials with numbers. To instill a love of sports, make sure that before the eyes of the child there is always an appropriate inventory.
Parents also need parenting
It turns out that parents need children's advice. Adults also need education. Here's what you need to pay attention to:
- Watch your emotional state. Annoyed and angry parents cannot bear constructiveness.
- Engage in self-education. You cannot grow a genius from a child if you yourself do not develop intellectually.
- Build family relationships. A child must grow up in an atmosphere of love, respect and understanding.
- Ask for expert opinion. If you are confused about parenting issues, read special books or consult with psychologists.
What experienced mothers say
If you are in a difficult situation with raising a child, the advice of parents should be remembered first. Here's what experienced mothers can tell you:
- Do not create greenhouse conditions for the child. The kid should have an idea of reality with all its joys and difficulties.
- Plan. Having a daily routine will make it much easier for you to combine household chores with effective parenting.
- Do not forget about yourself. Communication with the child will be more joyful and productive if you break out of the house at least once a week to a hairdresser, cafe or for shopping.
Speech Therapist Recommendations
The development of a child’s speech is one of the key moments of upbringing. In this regard, it is worth paying attention to such advice from a speech therapist to parents:
- Talk constantly with your child, even if he is still a baby. From the first months of his life he should hear a clear and correct speech.
- Comment on. Accompany the comments with everything that happens around.
- Ask open-ended questions. That is, those to which the child must give a detailed answer, and not just "Yes" or "No".
- Do not rush. When asking a question, give your child time to gather his thoughts and give an answer.
- Train your memory. Tell the child short, understandable stories, and then ask them to retell.
- Exercise daily. Moreover, a new "lesson" must begin with a repetition of the past.
- Do not wait for the child to speak. Get involved with it.
The above tips will be useful to future parents. You need to start planning the educational process while the child is still in the womb. Because from the very first days of life, a painstaking process begins to form a person, a self-sufficient person and a worthy member of society. In no case do not let the baby develop by gravity! Invest in it all the possible resources. Get information from trusted sources, communicate with practitioners and experienced parents.