How to make a vacuum cleaner? A home-made unit involves the presence of an engine at 6000 rpm. Such a part can be removed from the juicer. Please note that not all electric appliance motors are designed for long life. Therefore, when choosing an engine, follow the rule: the motor must withstand a large load and have protection against overheating.
What to do if you can not find anything besides the part from the juicer?
In this case, it is advised to equip it with a thermal fuse rated at 126 º. The copper cross-section must correspond to the dissipation power, so this temperature may not be suitable for the motor you have chosen. It should be noted that the border of 130 º is the average indicator that most transformers are designed for.
What can be taken as the basis of a home-made unit?
Many are interested in how to make a vacuum cleaner with your own hands.
The basis can be taken:
- Extractor motor with centrifugal fan. The axial model is not suitable, since it is used in models of a cheap segment and does not have the required power.
- Engine of a disused vacuum cleaner.
- The engine of the washing machine.
- Refrigeration compressor engine.
Refrigeration engine application
How to make a vacuum cleaner from a refrigeration compressor? It will be difficult to choose a part, since the speed of rotation of the shaft varies for different models of refrigerators. If you are collecting a vacuum cleaner, then a strict 6000 rpm will be required. Compressors of the old rocker model are designed for 3000 rpm.
Crank-connecting rod modifications have a half speed, and linear inverter units are not at all suitable for assembly.
Inside the piston compressor is an electric motor. If you cut the case and remove the motor, then it is suitable for any purpose. It has high power and silent operation.
Induction motors are rarely used. For example, the collector configuration operates from an outlet if speed adjustment is not required.
Using a motor from a washing machine
The design of washing machines involves the presence of a commutator motor. The speed of its operation is regulated using a thyristor key. If the motor is powered directly from the outlet, the speed will become high, but they will not reach the figure of 6000 in the absence of a belt gear. In this case, the spin function is quite achievable.
How to make the unit suck in dust?
In commercials, they often talk about the vacuum created in the vacuum cleaner. The engine supposedly contributes to the discharge into which the retracted air stream rushes. But is this really so? Rather, no, because at negative pressure a bypass valve is connected to ensure equilibrium. But the essence of the work is not this. For dust intake, a hermetically sealed housing is used, due to which the flow of nitrogen and oxygen molecules rushes in the right direction. The container in this case does not play any role.
If you stick to the factory configuration, you need a bucket of steel or plastic, the bottom of which has an opening for air intake. The motor is mounted on the axis, and something similar to a squirrel cage is installed on the shaft. The flow of air is captured by the blades and is thrown to the perimeter. Due to this, traction is provided. A hose is sealed to the bottom. We assume that the assembly of the vacuum cleaner with your own hands is completed.
What is a mini vacuum cleaner?
How to make a mini vacuum cleaner? The unit speed is controlled by a thyristor circuit. Any electronic part from an old vacuum cleaner, washing machine or food processor will come in handy.
The main thing is the cutting method, not the engine power. But the key is also overheating. It is easy to see whether it corresponds if we compare the power of the device from which the circuit was taken with the engine power. If the thyristor rating is low, then it is advised to attach a radiator to it, and forced cooling is already available.
How to make a container for a homemade vacuum cleaner?
The vacuum cleaner is designed so that without a container it will not work.
For a homemade unit fit:
- ordinary bag;
- a container filled with water;
- cyclone chamber.
Filtering the bag is problematic. If you will vacuum the crumbs from the table, this design is suitable. The type of container is selected according to the type of garbage. For example, dust collection is best done by means of a filter with water or a cyclone chamber. Both types of container are designed with ease. The unit itself is stationary. If a gardener uses such a device, then it can be hoisted onto a trolley and moved around the garden.
The cost of stationary models of vacuum cleaners is high, so a home-made design will be very welcome.
The simplest container model is a large tank filled with water. He plays the role of an aquafilter. In this case, the dust will sink. The inlet of the hose is made so that the flow collides with a water barrier. A two-thirds ordinary flat-bottomed box is filled with water. In addition, a partition hangs from the ceiling above the filter surface. All dust settles in water and sinks. Such a device requires periodic cleaning. Such a design will not be suitable for work in the garden, since the weight of the water is large. Therefore, it is replaced by air.
When assembling vacuum cleaners for the garden with their own hands, adhere to the following rules:
- Air enters tangentially into a tall barrel.
- Along the axis of the tank, up to about two-thirds of the height, a pipe runs that provides an exit.
- Trash sits at the bottom due to the fact that it is carried to the periphery by centrifugal force.
- Airflow exits in the center.
- The smallest particles penetrate the engine anyway. Therefore, it is recommended that the container be equipped with an HEPA filter at the outlet. Saving on this is not worth it. Otherwise, you will have to constantly lubricate the engine. If the vacuum cleaner sucks in water, it will end up in a barrel.
Such a homemade vacuum cleaner for a gardener is big. The unit can be made universal. For example, cut a barrel under the diameter of a tank with standard dimensions and equip the device with a van for movement. So it will be possible to remove the whole park.
How to make a mini vacuum cleaner from a plastic bottle?
Today, almost everyone has a computer at home. As you know, its body is periodically clogged with dust, which interferes with the cooling of many parts. Vacuum the circuit from time to time. To facilitate the process, you can use a homemade mini-vacuum cleaner.
How to make a vacuum cleaner out of a bottle?
For the manufacture of the unit you need:
- computer fan;
- a bottle of plastic;
- power supply 220 V / 14 V;
- insulation tape;
- A plastic bottle is cut in half. The part that remains with the cork is taken. A filter is cut out of the foam rubber. It is inserted in the neck. The material should sit tight.
- A hole is inserted in the plug into which the hose is inserted.
- The cork is screwed onto the bottle.
- The fan is taken from the computer (its angles are smoothed). It is inserted into the bottle so that during operation the air stream rushes to the wide side of the bottle.
- The place where the cooler is located is wrapped with insulation tape. For strong fixing the wire is applied.
- The power supply is connected to the fan. The red wire leads to the plus side, and the black wire to the minus side.
How to make an industrial vacuum cleaner with your own hands?
How to make an industrial vacuum cleaner ? The basis of one of such units is the Ural PN-600 model.
You will need:
- a nozzle with a diameter of 4 cm and a length of 20 cm;
- plastic bucket with a handle and a lid;
- insulation tape;
- self-tapping screws;
- medical bandage.
- First of all, the Ural waste bin should be finalized. For this purpose, the wheels are unscrewed from the bottom with a screwdriver. The holes are sealed with tape.
- Then you need a grinder, with which the latches and fasteners are removed. A plug is installed that is rewound with insulation tape.
- A hole with a diameter of 43 mm is drilled in the bottom.
- Gaskets with a thickness of 4 mm are cut out from the sealant.
- The gasket, bucket lid and centering nozzle are placed in the waste bin.
- Using a drill, a hole with a diameter of 2 mm is made.
- The cover is fixed with self-tapping screws 4.2x10 mm.
- An external hole is made for the suction pipe. It is scheduled at an angle of 15º. The hole is cut with metal scissors.
- The pipe is fixed with self-tapping screws. For sealing use an ordinary medical bandage, which is impregnated with glue "Titan". The bandage is wound around the nozzle.
To assemble the unit in the second way, you will need:
- old home vacuum cleaner;
- oil-based filter;
- 20 liter bucket with a tight-fitting lid;
- PP angles 90º and 45º with a diameter of 40 mm;
- meter of plastic pipe with a diameter of 45 mm (a corrugated pipe with a length of 2 m and a diameter of 40 mm is suitable).
- First, take the lid of the bucket. It cuts a hole at an angle of 90º. Then a corner of the same size is inserted.
- When a corner is inserted into the cover, all cracks are covered with glue using a construction gun.
- A cut is made in the side of the bucket into which a 45º angle is inserted. All cracks are also covered with glue.
- To connect the corrugation to the corner, it is necessary to cut a piece of pipe with a diameter of 40 mm. The corrugation should fit snugly. If it does not fit on the inlet pipe, then you can resort to using the model from the siphon on the kitchen sink.
- The narrow end of the corrugation is fitted to the forty-millimeter pipe. The other end is connected to the hole of the vacuum cleaner.
- To extend the life of the filter, a nylon stocking should be pulled over it.
Can an old vacuum cleaner come in handy?
At home there is an old vacuum cleaner. What can be done from an unnecessary unit?
If the device works, then it can be used for another purpose. Some methods require technical training, as the alteration of equipment is dangerous. In particular, one should understand the principle of operation of motors.
This article will describe the safest methods.
Air injection device
If you connect the hose to the outlet, which is available in most models, you can get a unit for inflating rubber mattresses, pools for children and other similar things. The container of the vacuum cleaner needs to be pre-cleaned of debris.
What can a Typhoon vacuum cleaner do?
What to make of the old Typhoon vacuum cleaner? The principle of operation of the unit is characterized by a high level of performance.
The body of a Soviet-made vacuum cleaner is the best suited for creating a device for grinding grass. It has a top hole of suitable diameter. Typhoon is a great option, but not the only one.
What else can be applied?
- The body of the device can be replaced by a cylinder-shaped container. For example, a pan, a bucket or a piece of pipe is used.
- A 180-watt motor is taken from an old washing machine.
- Hacksaw blade is used as knives. For the rack you will need a rectangular shape with a size of 15x15 mm.
- The hub for fastening knives is turned on a lathe. Its height is 40 mm.
- The engine with the pulley removed is attached via studs to the bottom of the container.
- To clamp the knives, water nuts with a diameter of 32 mm are used.
- A hole is cut out for the motor shaft.
- For reliable fixation on the shaft, a pair of holes with a diameter of 7 mm and an M8 thread for locking bolts are made in the sleeve.
- On the reverse side of the engine, platforms are machined to increase the level of reliability of fixing the sleeve with locking bolts.
Production of a grain crusher
To make a grain crusher, a person must have experience working with equipment. Self-made device without appropriate knowledge is not recommended.
- A sheet of square plywood is taken. An electric motor is fixed on it so that the shaft goes down 40 mm.
- The steel plate is mounted on a threaded tail. It is secured with nuts, bushings and washers.
- The front edges are sharpened on both sides of the axis.
- An axial hole is made in the middle of the plate.
- To create a working chamber of the future unit, a body is made in the form of a ring. Its base is made up of metal strips. The correct design of the part involves bending the edges of the rings outward. They should form 10 mm flanges. It is with their help that the case is attached to the base. A sieve is screwed to them.
Making an attraction for children
What can be done from an old vacuum cleaner for children? If the motor of the unit is working, then it can be used for an attraction.
To this end, the tennis ball is pierced through with a pin, so that the ends of the pins are on both sides of the ball.
After that, the propeller is made. A jar of polystyrene is used. The propeller is mounted on top of the ball. One strip is enough for him. It is cut with scissors.
The propeller is pierced in the middle and mounted on the pin axis. For speed and ease of rotation, it is recommended to make bearings from beads. They are attached on both sides of the strip.
The upper edge of the pin bends so that there is no large play on the axis.
Such a ball can be launched into the air through an outlet. If desired, the ball is decorated with sparkles.
This article described how to make a vacuum cleaner. There are many assembly options. It has also been described what can be done from a vacuum cleaner.
Remember that without the appropriate technical knowledge, it’s not worth the business. It will be difficult to make a vacuum cleaner yourself in this case. It is better to seek help from a specialist.